Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Style sheets

Default Style sheets

I am writing a document in XDP9 and want to change the styles. I read the help file and I can see how to change the font etc. But that does not exactly do what I want. 1. A paragraph indents all but the first line - I want the just first line indented. If I create a paragraph and try indenting the first line, it indents all.
    2. How do I keep a header with a paragraph?

Thanks
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Style sheets

Hi Grace, try this: 1. enable the rulers if you don't already have them on (Ctrl +L) 2. click and drag to create a text area and you will see it show on the top ruler. you can click and drag the little triangle icons on the ruler to set right and left margins and first line indents. 3. Either create a new style or update an existing one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	indenticon.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	101140  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks Frances
    Grace
    Xara Software XDP11

I think you will need to select the first paragraph and move the indention triangle on the screen/text ruler to the left to set the first paragraph to no indent.

Unclear as to how to keep a header with a paragraph? Can you clarify or show an example?

I have the paragraph indent working now. As for the other - in Word there is the option "keep with next", this prevents a header being at the bottom of one page and the paragraph on another page.
    Grace
    Xara Software XDP11

There are no "keep with" options. Only "normal" option is for what the next paragraph is to be. So with the current paragraph set to say a heading, the heading style could be made to change automatically to the body text style. But that's it for current options.

RE the post title. There are no real style sheets either. Just styles.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You could create your heading as a separate text object then right click it and select anchor to text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I think that would screw up the document flow.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    You could create your heading as a separate text object then right click it and select anchor to text.
    Grace
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    I have the paragraph indent working now. As for the other - in Word there is the option "keep with next", this prevents a header being at the bottom of one page and the paragraph on another page.
    In my page layout experience, correcting header on one page and supporting paragraph on the next, as well as widows and orphans, is something done manually, and not something to rely on software to getting it right.