Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

xdp6 Paths Features Wishes

Hi, I would love to see these features implemented:

Custom Path Profiles, with local thickness edition (as in AI)

Color Alpha. Be able the set the transparency for that particular color. (That way you can have path and fills with independent transparency)

Gradients and Transparency ALONG Paths

Snap Guides to Vertex points when in Path edition mode, so that you can align them.

Fillet/Smoth of individual path points.

Keep path when deleting middle vertex (as in Inkscape) When deleting a vertex, instead os loosing the path trying to keep the current trajectory. (Manual vertex clean up)

Ability to chose between inside, center or outside line position of an Object! (as in AI)

General Tool Feature:

The X and Y values next to the set origin position tool should reflect the actual position of the origin point, and in the tool be clearly identified.

Default Re: Paths Features Wishes

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Great suggestions.

There are a few work arounds. If you set a color square with the amount and type of transparency you want it to have, then you can copy the square and use Edit > Paste Attributes to apply this to a new selection.

Not sure what Fillet/Smooth path joints but I will guess you mean Smooth and Cusp joints. You can apply these by selecting a control point or points in a path and clicking S (smooth join) and Z (cusp join). Also with several sequential points selected C (make curve) and L (make line).

You can apply an inner or outer contour to a path to make the line position inside or outside.

I seem to recall that the 'transparency as an attribute of colour' option was one of the first things I asked for on this forum - of course in respect of filled shapes you would also need to be able to position the outline so it did not overlap the fill [which you also asked for]; it is currently possible to use a single contour to which you can assign independent transparency and which does not overlap the fill

but all that aside, when it comes to colouring line art and such being able to assign transparency to a named colour [for example] would sure be useful to me; it would save time

Fillet/Smoth of individual path points.

Keep path when deleting middle vertex (as in Inkscape) When deleting a vertex, instead os loosing the path trying to keep the current trajectory. (Manual vertex clean up)
    not quite sure what you mean here with these two requests - there is smoothing slider on the info bar of the shape [editor] tool which will remove 'unnecessary' points without altering the path... you can use this on selected paths created with any of the pen tools

Hi all. This is how I envision the Fillet Point tool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen_Shot1438.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	101102

As for the smoothing path tool (wich I love) I would love to see it applied directly as we delete a point. Surely would save time.

Name:	Screen_Shot1444.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	101103
    Last edited by osa; 16 March 2014 at 04:43 PM.

How Origin Position Tool Should Work

Name:	Screen_Shot1458.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	101105

Why?
    ~Fred

why to what ?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    why to what ?
    Currently the is no way to know the exact positions of an object on the page, using a know reference, like the origin point. X and Y seems to be the left bottom position.

This is especialy usefull on multipage work, when you want to align objects or text boxes of different dimensions to a certain position of the page, let's say the top limit should be 10cm from the top of the page. You would simply but the origin on the top of the object than enter 10cm on the Y value. This would be a way quicker way, than using objects or guides to align. In AI you have this kind of reference guide that changes acording the real position of the center.

Re: this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by osa View Post
    How Origin Position Tool [Should] Work
    ~Fred

the X Y values shown are the page coordinates [and you can change the origin point in options]

the [nine-point] grid on the left is for positioning the origin point of the object rotation - it would be useful to have more than nine points to snap to - but maybe there is some confusion here as to what it is meant to do

mind you, that said, I can see some merit in having a localised co-ordinate set with the rotation point as 0,0 - but I am not sure if this is what you mean