Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Colour editors strange look

Hi Folks,

Recently I have discovered that ColourEditor in Xara Designer ProX andXara Designer Pro X9 looks different
    when showing viewing unfilled object Please see enclosed images.

In Pro X the Colour Editor show normal color palette when unfilled object is marked.
    In Pro X9 the Colour Editor show shaded color palette when unfilled object is marked.

Is that correct or did I do something that it actso strange?
    I hope somebody knows better than I do.

Pawel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Designer Pro X_1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	101049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara Designer Pro X9_1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	101050  

Last edited by gwpriester; 12 March 2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added the c to olour :-)

Default Re: olour editors strange look

That one on the right is for contone colors ( or colors that have transparency applied to them) the one on the left is normal color.

Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Hi Scotty,

Thanks for your replay.
    Everything would be okay unless the color settings I have are the same in both Pro X and Pro X9 and I have no idea how to
    get it look like as in Pro X.

pawel

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The second sreenshot shows the unfilled shape and the fill colour is selected for editing as there is no fill colour in the selected object the colour editor shows the the crosshatching to indicate this. You can simply click anywhere in the colour box to apply a fill and then edit as normal. As Jim mentions you will see this with a photo selected because until you click to set a contone colour the photo contones have no colour applied. This is new behaviour introduced in Version 9

Also as this isn't related to the Xara Xone content I've moved it to the Xara Graphics Chat area
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

pawel that's what I get also in XP&GD9, but, glad you got some correct responses here,
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi Everybody,

Thank you all for that interesting and detailed explanation of the reason to Colour Editor look in Pro X9.
    Actually what I am looking for is, if it is meant to look like it does in Pro X9?
    How to get it look like in Pro X?
    If I may say my opinion the Pro X9 Colour Editor looks not good and I prefer the Pro X look.

So, as I said, is there any, I mean any way out to change that bad look please let me know.

Pawel

Hi wizard509,

Yes indeed, but still I have no idea how get out from that bad look.
    Actually I mistake that in my ignorance I have changed that look wíth out knowing it and now I have no idea
    how to get back to the default setting of Colour Editor.

pawel

I don't have version 9 so I cannot compare

however it sounds to me like it is meant to be an improvement

with version 8 - xdpx - and before if your shape had no fill then what was shown on the colour editor was actually incorrect
    now in version 9 if there is no fill, the colour editor show this by putting a square-grid ['crosshatching'] over the editor [same as on the no fill button] - at least that is how I read what Frances said - and the contone situation follows on, if no contones have been set yet, it warns you of this by showing the grid

I think I would like this feature, once I had got used to it

so yes it is meant to look like this in version 9

since I don't have version 9 though, I cannot say if there is an option to change it

Default Re: Colour editors strange look

Hi handrawn,

Thanks for that explanation it calms me down a bit.
    However it feels not good when tools/modes/functions I am working with are "shaded"
    or covered by some grid like the one in Pro X9.
    It gives me a feeling of like something is wrong, should be corrected or at least not working as it should.
    After you have explained it I guess I have to learn to live with that as it looks, but I must say this disturb me each time see it.

Thanks for help.

pawel

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Hi wizard509,

Yes indeed, but still I have no idea how get out from that bad look.
    Actually I mistake that in my ignorance I have changed that look wíth out knowing it and now I have no idea
    how to get back to the default setting of Colour Editor.

pawel
    Well if you notice, if you create a rectangle for instance with and clear the fill the color editor will crosshatch meaning no fill. However if you have a line around it with a color but still no fill, the color editor will crosshatch for the fill, but if you switch to the line color it is not crosshatched and vice versa. So the crosshatch means no color, no crosshatch means a color.

That is the default settings, but why the difference between pro and the other, I have no idea, and only Xara can answer that. Anyway I hope you are a little less confused.

x
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.