Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Button linked to an external URL not working

Hi, I am still working on a local Film Festival website - thanks to all who helped me with this last week. This new issue has me puzzled.

I have created a button on each page that says SIGN ME UP (for newsletter updates etc). I have linked this to a Mailchimp form http://eepurl.com/J4ran The URL, as far as I can see, is definitely valid. The link works while in PREVIEW mode, but the button is not clickable when the site is published.

I know I could embed a Mailchimp signup form directly onto the site, but all the options just looked too ugly, so I definitely prefer to link via a button.

I would appreciate any guidance. Here are a couple of screen caps. What am I missing?

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps27876f33.jpg

I'm using Xara Web Designer 9 Premium, and the url for the website is www.portstephensfilmfestival.com.au

Cheers
    Last edited by NickyE; 11 March 2014 at 02:54 AM.

Default Re: Button linked to an external URL not working

Well, I have figured it out. The issue, bizarrely, seems to be with the actual "official" button itself, imported from the "page Elements and Widgets". I kept relinking and then I re-published the site four or five times, each time hoping the link would work, but it wouldn't. So instead I just drew my own button, and linked to that graphic instead - deleted the button from the Page Elements button-gallery... and bingo! It suddenly works a treat. The new button is suddenly clickable and popped me straight through to the signup page.

I will make my own buttons from now on... !! The button was the main issue I was having last week also. That button wouldn't link to a PDF, but when I deleted the button and just used the PDF icon, it worked just fine.

Strange, yes?

Default Re: Button linked to an external URL not working

Strange yes.

Glad we could help you out here.