Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Yes, this is pure vector wool. The brush was made of a 15 steps blend converted to shapes and ungrouped. The two original objects are grouped superposed pairs of circles with a fractal fill; the upper one of each has a transparent hue and the same size of filling but slightly shifted (that's what give the little bump) and with different colors.

About the spiral, I have shown it as a narrow spiral in the post on this subject, and as Egg demonstrated it, I have selected all the segments without joining their contact points and only joined the shapes, which gives similar results to apply brushes, blends, texts, ...!

Have fun !!!
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newwool.jpg 
Views:	1267 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	15828  

Yes, this is pure vector wool. The brush was made of a 15 steps blend converted to shapes and ungrouped. The two original objects are grouped superposed pairs of circles with a fractal fill; the upper one of each has a transparent hue and the same size of filling but slightly shifted (that's what give the little bump) and with different colors.

About the spiral, I have shown it as a narrow spiral in the post on this subject, and as Egg demonstrated it, I have selected all the segments without joining their contact points and only joined the shapes, which gives similar results to apply brushes, blends, texts, ...!

Have fun !!!
    ivan

which shows the kind of blends to produce this effect.

enjoy !!!
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grwool.jpg 
Views:	1201 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	1209  

Nice work Ivan! Say, how do you deal with Rust on your rosebushes there in Belgium? We get a lot of fog here in San Francisco and the rust is just wiping out a lot of my blooms. (this ISN'T the Rosarian Forum ???) Oh well,,
    Regards,,,,,Tad

Winters where it\'s cold, summers where it\'s hot

Great stuff that you come up with Ivan! I wonder sometimes if Xara knew that all this was possible or not!

Thanks for sharing your discoveries!

Dennis

<a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>
    <a href=http://www.djart.com>DJArt & Design</a>

I must rectify my post. I was stunned when I converted my line to shapes because then it resembles much more to the blend I used. I understand that only mix transparency was active at the brush state (in this case but I will test otherwise). I suppose it's because that should be too intricating to combine the action of different types of transparencies when you add transparency to the brush itself !!! (I hope I was understand).
    Regards
    ivan