Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Allright.. the company I work for is doin a little virtual world in Isometric 3D.

And they want me to render some characters, scenery elements etc. for use in this engine.

This is all well and good, expect I don't know how to render in Isometric 3D (30-30) on Lightwave. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I know Cinema 4D XL can do it easy, but I'd much prefer to use Lightwave.

I hope someone can help me on this one...

Allright.. the company I work for is doin a little virtual world in Isometric 3D.

And they want me to render some characters, scenery elements etc. for use in this engine.

This is all well and good, expect I don't know how to render in Isometric 3D (30-30) on Lightwave. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I know Cinema 4D XL can do it easy, but I'd much prefer to use Lightwave.

I hope someone can help me on this one...

...i'm not familiar with LightWave.

Hope someone else can help! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Hey there,

Sadly, LightWave does not have the capability to render without perspective. No orthagonal rendering, or 'parallel' rendering. People have been asking for them to add this feature for many versions now. Unfortunately, LightWave is geared and optimized for entertainment (hence why its rendering engine can't be touched by other packages).

But there is a solution.

You can 'fake' isometrics by moving the camera far away from your scene, and reducing the viewing angle (zooming in). This works for most isometric simulations, though it will never be exact. I've posted a test render of this. If you'd like to pursue this, I can send you the scene file that I used, which has all the right camera properties set, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test5.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	16735