Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Accordion Menu & Search box

I have read many of the posts related to both subjects and I still don't understand how to insert external widgets into Xara.

First: Is is possible to create the accordion menu in other application and to place it in a placeholder within my Xara website? If so, which one do you recommend?

For the search box: I need it to display the results of the seach within the website in the workspace not underneath the search box (like in the Google widget). I would like orientation for using something like http://www.picosearch.com/. Would it work in Xara? I mean how do I achieve that the results appear separated from the search box that should be available throughout the site?

Thank for your help!

Default Re: Accordion Menu & Search box

Welcome to TalkGraphics Liliana

You have posted in the Webstyle forum. Are you using WebStyle or Web Designer?

You add widgets to Web Designer and Designer Pro using a placeholder.

Usually the widget will make some code or script that has to be inserted into the HEAD and/or BODY section of the HTML document.

A placeholder can be any object, usually a rectangle that you add the script or code to via Website Properties > Placeholder > HEAD or BODY.

When you preview or publish your page or site, the placeholder automatically inserts the script or code into the HTML document.

Does this make sense?

Thank you!
    I have used placeholders before for forms and such. In this case what I don't know is which search box use instead of the gadgets included in Xara, because I need to see the result of the search separated from the box and not beneath it like happens with Google and Lijit.

On the other hand, I need to create an accordion menu and the options available in Xara for vertical menus always display the submenu to the right (or left) but it doesn't expand lines moving downwards the rest of the items in the main menu. Is there something I could use to get this functionallity in a menu?

There is a Down option in the Pop-up Menu Style settings for sub-menus.

Is this what you mean?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menu style.png 
Views:	739 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	100998