Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default My first adventure in font creation

I recently discovered that Type Tool has come down in price to 47.99 US So I splurged and now I'm busily working on my first font. I'm currently working on the glyphs, the font is based on a basic Chancery Italic Calligraphy. As I go along I'm going to ask questions here. I've got nearly all the upper case done but I'd like to experiment with different weights is there a way to change the weight without redrawing all the glyphs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: My first adventure in font creation

Hello Frances,

I have TT, but don't really use it much. There is no automatic means of creating a bold from say a regular font in TT. If I recall, Fontlab has an action and if I further recall, those actions can be copied to the TT folder in the My Documents folder where the actions are stored. But I might be misremembering. Highly possible as one of the side effects of the drugs I am on include becoming a bit hazy and confused. I believe Gary B uses Fontlab, I use High Logic's FontCreator. FC does have such an action. But I would use it sparingly and one still needs to manual edit, kern, hint, etc., etc.

Mike