Hi,
I've been away for a couple of day down in Savannah GA. Went with my son to visit Savannah College of Art and Design to look into graduate programs. Very interesting and rather unconventional place.
Anyway, when I got back I had an E-mail from Mr. Richardson at Xara. I had sent them one of my drawings that I could not Export and that I had crashes with when I tried to clean up and sort colors in the color gallery. He wrote back that the problems I described did not manifest themselve on his system. He did go on to say that most of the save and export error are "associated with poor file/directory structure problems in your %system%TEMP folder (usuallly C:\Windows\TEMP)If this folder is full of 'old' unused .TMP file Windows and most applications become rather unstable."
Ok, I guess I buy that. My question is that after I ran window cleanup, I looked in the Windows/TEMP folder and still find many file of many different types some dating back 6 months to a year ago. Including a bunch of additional folders. Should any of those be deleted? I am reluctant to mess with the inner workings of Windows. The cleanup did remove quite a bit, but I have run that in the past and still had a problem.
Anyway I though the rest of you who are having the same problems, would like to know the response.
John