Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Marquee Selection of lines/objects

Currently, we can only select objects by rectangle. Either the objects selected have to be inside the rectangle or touching the rectangle. I'd like to have a markee selection tool that can select objects in blobby/organic shapes. Or allow us to hold down the shift key and paint selections.

If I'm doing a drawing and I need to select a group of lines that require different attributes than the other lines that surround them, I'm limited to selecting what can fit inside a rectangle. And rectangles are not often needed for organic/figurative drawing.
    Sheff
    My Site

Default Re: Marquee Selection of lines/objects

in designer pro you can hold down the alt key and all objects that you then pass the cursor through become selected [which is sorta close to a paint tool at least for descrete objects] so called 'scribble selection'

That work okay. Thanks for that.

I guess what I'm really looking for is "paste attributes brush". I need to select certain lines to CTRL-SHIFT-A attributes from other lines.

Basically I'm drawing at the speed I normally draw, and right now pressure sensitivity is on. However, I want a greater range between thick and thin lines. So I'm having to select lines after I've drawn them to make them thicker or thinner outside the range set by pressure.

I guess what I really want is to be able to paste attributes(line thickness) without having to select the lines themselves. Like pass the cursor over the objects and they take on the features of the last object I touched/copied.
    Sheff
    My Site

There is already a selection option to Select Objects Touched By Rectangle that works the same as Illustrator.

But I DON'T WANT to select by rectangle, because the objects I'm selecting AREN'T A RECTANGLE. The objects are all weird shapes. Shapes that could be contained in a lasso.
    Sheff
    My Site

paste attributes brush sounds interesting..

it's a basic tenant of the program [there are a couple of exceptions] that objects have to be selected for you to be able to do anything with them.. whether that can be easily changed I have no idea

maybe a 'pressure studio' feature such as they have in drawplus ? - so you can 'adapt response to the way you draw' [up to a point]