Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Hi DKo ... Welcome to TalkGraphics.

That's an interesting design ... very purple. If you go back up several pages in this thread you will find a post which contains the actual Xara logo. That might be a good place to start in creating an acceptable logo. There is also a plethora of great tips on creating graphics with XaraX in the "Tips" section.

-Ed.
    IP

Ross,
    I've been waiting for someone to post something similar to your latest ... nice looking boy by the way

-Ed.
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thanks Ed! I just edited that posting to elaborate on the idea some more.

Regards, Ross
    IP

Two more ... OK, one is a re-make and I realize I said my last one was the LAST one ... but you people just won't quit. I would love to see Charles face when he arrives at work tomorrow and sees all of this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xpe5.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	7587  
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I stand corrected. I was not throwing any stones. Just expressing my gut feeling. I have seen many "pixelleted" logos.. I do not care for them. Just MHO. Sorry to step on your toes. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem. Tastes differ. I'm glad that nobody asks me about my opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> OT: You still play with C=64's? I have ten plus parts in my garage. Used to run a BBS way back when. Still be running em today, if commie hadn't died. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup I run the most visited C64 scene (demo-scene) news site in the world - c64.sk. (about 450-500 uniques and about twice as much reloads a day). ;-)
    IP

Dmagician,
    We're askin' ... we DO care about your opinion ... you are a valued member of this community

To all,
    I'm done ... (Really this time) ... may the pixels fall where they may.

Name:	xpe6.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	9834  
    IP

And here is mine......great competition and great logos!

Name:	XaraPictureEditor.gif 
Views:	427 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	12103  
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ed: OT: You still play with C=64's? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    --- One word - "M.U.L.E"...

So many memories... So many bottles of Coke consumed, and enough bags of chips to fill a mid-sized truck... Ahhh! And it's all free now, with the different emulators available.
    IP

Ross,
    I wasn't trying to steal your idea by doing my own "boy" pic logo ... I actually was working on mine when you posted yours. Mine is a picture I took of my son when he was young ... he's now all grown up (if you can call 18 all grown up) and goes by the name PsycoBoy in the Photoshop forum.

-Ed.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ed: Ross, wasn't trying to steal your idea... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    --- It's a logo competion done in the good spirits of TG. I'm sure Ross is more excited about "inspiring" someone to post/create, than worrying about "theft" - besides, I'm sure Charles is looking for an 'idea/concept' more than a logo polished this way - or that way.

The basic concepts/ideas are well documented here (in the order they were posted.) A suggested logo always gets tweeked before it's "cut it stone." Instead of worrying about "stealing" - why not just have fun with this very busy challenge?
    IP