Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Hi Alessandro

Glad you introduced yourself. I like your work.

Of the logos you've posted, the one I like the best is the one on the left in the April 7 06:42am post. It's elegant and rich. Visually stunning. The elements flow easily from one to another. Most importantly, I get it as a whole. I don't have to try to decipher all the pieces to see what it's about.

BTW, like OklaEd, I the flower as the iris in the eye. And the eyebrow under "Picture Editor" in your April 7 11:47pm offering makes me smile.

The one of yours I like the least is the one to the right of the eyebrow. It's much too cluttered. The only part I really "read" is the name Xara. All the other parts just fight with each other, and I don't know what to look at.

Keep up the good work.
    IP

Hi Roman,

To elaborate a little on my thinking process:

Upon rereading the initial post, I realize that I misread that part where the logo font needed to stay the same. My bad.

I felt that what Charles was looking for was a logo that reflected a small, slick little app.

Nevertheless, I don't think their current logo font conveys 'small and slick' but rather 'friendly and unintimidating.'

So rather than give them what they are probably already capable of producing themselves, I opted to go more off the deep end.

I would rather go too far and be pulled back by the art director rather than not go far enough.

I remember a Volvo sponsored design competition from my school days where the Volvo rep instructed the students, "Don't make it look like a Volvo. I mean, 'we' can make it look like a Volvo. Do what you do best."

But hey, thanks for the candor. Honesty and constructive criticism are always appreciated.
    Sheff
    My Site
    IP

Next example.
    Best regards, Yury.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo4.gif 
Views:	423 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	2882  
    IP

Variant b/w logo.
    Best regards, Yury.

Name:	logo5.gif 
Views:	410 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	5123  
    IP

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Listening to Charles I'm resubmitting using lettering more closely resmbling the Xara corporate standard. I've also revised the pic because I want to remake the point that in this simple logo any pic could really be used - I like my kid but maybe marketing input would suggest something else is more on target. (I still like the idea that maybe the program could have a customizable splash screen and users could spec their own photo).

Regards, Ross

Name:	xpe5.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	7384  
    IP

And another...

Name:	xpe6.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	9634  
    IP

This is what happens when the AC/DC is blasting and the Beck's is flowing! Fun time!

The little girl in this one is from a pic circulating the globe by email. It was taken by one of those automated camera's at a theme park as she went dow a slide ride.

Regards, Ross

Name:	xpe7.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	11899  
    IP

Ive made my decision, lol. Ok I would like to say that there are some very awesome entries out here on the forum. Next, I Would like to say, anyone (Ross Macintosh) that will post an image with a girl's eyes bugging out and hair flowing deserves a serious award, Along with the young lady for taking such a great pic.

I Present:
    The First Ever XARA Bug Out AWARD.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mmm... Graphics, www.4mstudios.com
    IP

From the artistically challenged...

>>
    You linked when you should have uploaded. The forum has trouble linking to off site pictures to begin with, Linking to a picture on your desktop and you are asking for real troubles.
    <<

Hey I could see, it. How come you couldn't?

Ok, so I'm technically challenged too!

Name:	xpe.gif 
Views:	325 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	7608  
    IP

Ross!: That just cracked me up! I hope it makes the finals!

JohnR: The forum has trouble linking to off site pictures to begin with, Linking to a picture on your desktop and you are asking for real troubles.
    --- No! No! No! As I said a week or so ago in the feedback forum, some websites/urls do not allow hotlinking... Lots of people link off-site! But yes, linking to things on your PC would never work...
    IP