Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Alley

Thought it was a bit quiet in here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alleyway.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	8253  

Thought it was a bit quiet in here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

About as quiet as your alley, Stu. I like the lighting, with maybe a little darker blue it would be perfect. Really looks like a night lit alley.

I have been working so much I have not done a thing lately. I did work on a simple project this past weekend, hopefully I will get to finish it and post for ya'll to rip apart [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

--Randy

buildings surround allies. I found it od to see sky there

looks good though!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Thanks guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Its actually meant to be kind of like twilight,just before the dark sets in [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I added the sky because I wanted the feel that it was 2 - 3 stories up a building.Alley was probably a really bad description on my part,but I couldnt think of anything else to call it.....how about small corner of a parking building,does that sound better?.......I always have trouble explaining just where my images are set,probably because of my neuronally challenged memory [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.

Quiet isn't the word...More like silent!

Seriously, I have lurked and posted in this forum for quite a long time, and I've never seen this few posts, even during holidays! Wonder where everyone's gone? Although...they're clearly not "gone" because there are still alot of "views" listed for each post, just not many replies.

Anyway...
    Nice render Stu. Are you on a Mac? The reason I ask is gamma: your renders always look a bit dark and lacking in contrast on my monitor (not a criticism of your work at all) and I wonder if that could be why (?) Nice modelling though, and composition. The lighting appears to be moonlight, at least on my monitor (and, again on my PC monitor, a very good approximation of moonlight--I always have trouble with moonlight!).

Here's hoping things pick up a bit around here, I miss the normal din of approval, criticism and even arguments that usually occupies this forum.

I have a Lightwave scene I'm working on (should I say dabbling with when time allows) that I'll post as a work-in-progress shortly.

Brett

Ya I am on a Mac Brett [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I tried recently to set up a gamma which was ok for both OS and also ok for printing,but all I did was totally screw up my color profile for my monitor,and I have the kit and kaboodle nicely color synced form my scanner to monitor to printer.

So is it contrast or levels or both that need adjusted for you guys to see the images as intended?.......I am gonna try and work out a way around it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ...maybe something like a layer of screen at 50% in PS on top of the original image.

Stu.