Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Good price for a grotesque font family

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/font-fabric/glober/

Nice font. There are two of the weights free if you are penny-pinching. The price for the Pro version, an 18 font family, is very affordable.

Default Re: Good price for a grotesque font family

Nice looking font, Mike. Grotesque is a very broad category, but if they say it's based on the Grotesque design then who am I to question.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That is a very good price and what's more if you scroll down to the bottom of the buying choices you can get it as a webfont for that price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Well, then...

Don't forget to change the currency type for your locale at the top of the HypeForType web page should you decide ya can't live without one of these faces and click from the HTML email to their site.

http://www.hypefortype.com/media/new...finalsale.html

Mike

I've become a little disappointed in HypeForType's offerings. First, I had words with the owner about spamming me every day, and after the chat we agreed that 1.) he should chill with the promotions until they actually are promotions, and 2.) an awful lot of his offerings look very similar.

I bought one from the Alt Type Foundry and I'll be darned if I can tell the difference between the one I bought and all the other fonts!

That said, it's good to support the Indies. Actually, I think there's better work coming out of cottage industry places than from Monotype, URW, and the other goliaths.

-g

Hype only has good deals on some fonts during the so-called sales. And one better look at what currency one is using when viewing the site. USD doesn't "stick" for me.

You must be "lucky." I only get the emails once every couple weeks...

Mike

I'm disappointed in my contact and will not publicize his name in this post. He doesn't appear to "get" the net. I proposed that if he wanted more traffic, cut the TG members a deal and in exchange, I'll introduce him to the forum.

I did that, I sent him an email pointing to where he and his firm are mentioned, and not a word...if you overlook the corporate spam far too often.

Fonts.com has a nice collection of Groteque font families, some of them fresh and reasonably priced. I keep the following around, and some of them are from the days when Corel Corp. offered just about everything in the Bitstream catalogue in the box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	some gothic fonts.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	100857

I consider most of these to be staples in a designer's font collection, and most of them being classics, you can find fairly competitive prices on them, occasionally free. It's the entire family that might be hard to track down for pennies.

-g