Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exporting separete objects

Hi guys. Need some way to export separate objects as illustrator do.
    Fro example when i release to layers in illustrator i than can use separete objects in after effects to animate it.
    In xara i find one option is to export separate layers as png. Is kind a way to go but not when i have my entire document with hundreds of objects on one layer. This push to next idea. So please help to get sucessed with this. Cause i rellay love xara but with export i always have a tons of problems.

Default Re: Exporting separete objects

if you mean automatically redistribute all the objects on one layer so that each object is on a layer of it's own, there is no way to do this in xara AFAIK - have to do it manually, or port it into illustrator and do it there...

Welcome to TalkGraphics

(AFAIK = As far as I know)

I do not think that Xara can do this. Export layers as PNG or PSD is all I can think of.

my designer pro X [xdpx] will export an .AI file with layers that will open in layers in illustrator Gary [don't know if it opens in after effects as I don't have/use it]

but as far as exporting in sequence goes it's PNG or nothing [and you do not have the option to reverse the sequence numbering]

It sounds like for what Rockbard is asking, Xara is not the right tool for the job.

reckon so

Guys thanks for the warm welcome. You are great.
    This feature what i search in xara is extremele need in xara. Cause nowadays flat design is very easily can be made in XARA. But after that i also need to animate all this you know. But maybe Xara team just not going way of motion design.
    But really they should. I mean i using Xara in broadcast design about 6 years. And its just genius simple. But when it goes export something... I dont what to say. It is a mess. I using always PNG export. But it is HIGHLY need for me to export some layer format. I prey they do it in newer version.
    It is strange we not have any scripts like in photoshop or something.
    For now i will try export as ai file and resave it in illustrator. But it is also have many downsides. Cliping mask not exporting right as i know, some effects, etc.

yes some of the features of xara do not import into illustrator and some of the illustrator effects do not import into xara - it is the way it is, they work differently... we have to live with it...

as for the future, xara appears to be concentrating mostly on website design at the moment

incidentally - if it is any help to you, there is the option to create soft groups - that is groups of objects that are on different layers [it helps me to work on multiple layers]

Unless I am reading wrong? you could export as a web document (htm,html) then all your images will be in the index_htm_files folder

well I don't even use that side of the program I have no idea

would every discrete object/group be exported? - would there be sequential numbering that made some sort of sense when importing into a motion design / animation sequence ?