Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Web Designer 9 displays HTML source for new page I've added, rtaher than the graphics

    Hi,
    I have just added a new page to my website and when I preview the entire website with Web Designer 9, the new page displays perfectly. But when I publish the entire website to either of my hosts, the new page is only displayed as HTML - no graphics are shown.This is true for both IE and Chrome.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Placitas, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    41,528

    Default Re: Web Designer 9 displays HTML source for new page I've added, rtaher than the grap

    Welcome to TalkGraphics

    Make sure your index_htm_files (or index_html_files) folder has been uploaded.

    Your HTML pages direct the browser to that folder which contains all the images, scripts, etc. essential for your page to display properly.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SW England
    Posts
    17,912

    Default Re: Web Designer 9 displays HTML source for new page I've added, rtaher than the grap

    How are you doing your upload? Is it by FTP?
    Create an empty folder and Export to that. Examine and count all the files in the folder and sub-folders.
    These should match everything in your published area.

    Acorn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    North Tawton, UK
    Posts
    1,152

    Default Re: Web Designer 9 displays HTML source for new page I've added, rtaher than the grap

    Make sure you're running the latest version of the program by using "Check for updates..." on the Help menu.

    The latest updates to Web Designer address an issue with FTP publishing that could result in partially published pages. This was caused by a recent Windows update.

    Phil

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Web Designer 9 displays HTML source for new page I've added, rtaher than the grap

    I've solved the problem: of the hundred or so pages on the web-site, this new one is the only one with a period (full stop .) in its name. This resulted in the html file being published without
    the .htm extension, which clearly upset matters. Removing the period from the page name fixed the problem.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •