Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 9 displays HTML source for new page I've added, rtaher than the graphics

Hi,
    I have just added a new page to my website and when I preview the entire website with Web Designer 9, the new page displays perfectly. But when I publish the entire website to either of my hosts, the new page is only displayed as HTML - no graphics are shown.This is true for both IE and Chrome.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Web Designer 9 displays HTML source for new page I've added, rtaher than the grap

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Make sure your index_htm_files (or index_html_files) folder has been uploaded.

Your HTML pages direct the browser to that folder which contains all the images, scripts, etc. essential for your page to display properly.

Default Re: Web Designer 9 displays HTML source for new page I've added, rtaher than the grap

How are you doing your upload? Is it by FTP?
    Create an empty folder and Export to that. Examine and count all the files in the folder and sub-folders.
    These should match everything in your published area.

Acorn

Make sure you're running the latest version of the program by using "Check for updates..." on the Help menu.

The latest updates to Web Designer address an issue with FTP publishing that could result in partially published pages. This was caused by a recent Windows update.

Phil

I've solved the problem: of the hundred or so pages on the web-site, this new one is the only one with a period (full stop .) in its name. This resulted in the html file being published without
    the .htm extension, which clearly upset matters. Removing the period from the page name fixed the problem.