Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: file format export

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    reading PDF is AFAIK free, but editing/creating is not - the cost of the license to do this will be included in the purchase price of the xara program - commercially speaking this is worth the slightly higher asking price for most purchasers as PDF is one of the most common file types..
    As far as I know, Xara, like most all others, purchase a library (most common is PDFLib) and use it. No money goes to Adobe for it.

Adding DXF support is the same. Most common is to license LeadTools, which I have used in the past.

cheers Mike; aggregated cost either way

The question is; Will XARA be leading moden multiplatform DTP software or just a DTP second choice one?
    I don't deciede I request what many with me sure needs but are quiet.

Pawel

Hi Pawel,

I am with you on this point.
    I am an avid Designer pro user and use the program frequently when doing design work. As the cost of CNC tools become affordable more and more business minded people are going to use them such as "OpenBuilds OX CNC".
    As I intend to buy into this market I looked at the export options in Xara and was surprised to find no DXF or similar option to use.
    My philosophy in business as always been make it easy for customers to spend their money.
    So do I have to move away from Xara to find software that offers this facility, The risk is I may find that software just as good and slowly move away from Xara even though I am a loyal supporter.
    So if we can produce web templates to purchase, surely its no great brainer to offer a template pack with additional file formats.
    Brand loyalty maintained. Those who need extra can purchase. Company makes additional revenue.
    All markets are fast changing and good business is about FLEXIBILITY not RIGIDITY.