Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PLEASE HELP....CRITICAL !! Spurious internal error has occured!

So I have been working on this site ( www.advancedcarstereo.com ) for about 3 or 4 months now and am 99% finished just need to publish last 3 pages... out of 70 pages that I have built and published so far. I tried to publish the last changes and keep receiving a warning message " Spurious Internal Error has occured" and it will not let me publish the changes or new pages.

I have tried so far:

1. Deleting the new pages and publishing.......... still same spurious message
    2. Using the expandxar file recommended by xara support forum...... does not even open or work
    3. Tried starting from a back up under File>open recent>backups ..... tried to publish ..... same spurious message.

I desperately need to find a way to fix this problem because IF i dont then I will lose my 2 biggest clients.

Anyone with info please help!!!!

Using Xara Webdesigner 9 Premium / Windows 8

Also I am tired of these errors and wondered if anyone new of a better web design program that was just as easy to use but better?
    Last edited by danielfragoso; 17 February 2014 at 03:20 AM. Reason: new info

Default Re: PLEASE HELP....CRITICAL !! Spurious internal error has occured!

Three things to try.

Try closing WD9. Right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator.

Have you tried, Utilities > Optimize All Images.

And in Website Properties > Website un-check Retina (hi def) Images.

Let us know if this does not work.

It also occurs to me that your document may have become corrupted. Go to any page, and from the Edit menu select Copy Page.

Create a new document and Edit > Paste > Paste Page. Then see if you can publish that page.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Three things to try.

Try closing WD9. Right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator.

Have you tried, Utilities > Optimize All Images.

And in Website Properties > Website un-check Retina (hi def) Images.

Let us know if this does not work.

It also occurs to me that your document may have become corrupted. Go to any page, and from the Edit menu select Copy Page.

Create a new document and Edit > Paste > Paste Page. Then see if you can publish that page.

Hi having the same issue... made a site of 65 pages with mobile variant. It doesn't export - "spurious internal error" and closes. Have done everything you propose in this tread, nothing works. Copying one page page and pasting in a new page (empty site) it gives me same problem

Advise please!!!! Have made the site and I cannot publish! No retina image, optimised all, run as administrator - nothing fixes it!

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi guys, please can you provide the .web/ .xar file to the support team and post your ticket numbers?

http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...o-xara-support

Many thanks