Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How to make the stoke properly cover the whole outline of the rectangle?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stroke-thing.png 
Views:	348 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	100719

As you can see in the image above, the stroke basically just fades away at the bottom. I want the stroke to be uniformly thick throughout the whole outline of the rectangle.

How can i achieve this?

The brush i'm using is Charcoal Feather, in case you need that info.
    IP

Default Re: How to make the stoke properly cover the whole outline of the rectangle?

The result you get using most brushes in Illustrator do this, it's the nature of the beast.
    If you want to have the stroke to look uniform, copy the rectangle and paste in place (Ctrl+Shift+V)
    Then go to Object>Transform>Reflect>Horizontal.
    Someone else may well come along with a better way...
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stroke-thing.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	100729  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: How to make the stoke properly cover the whole outline of the rectangle?

as Bob said the brush is designed to do this

as a quick fix I would do the same as he did - on my version of illustrator it is 'paste in front' or paste in back' [not paste in place], it probably does not matter which you use as long as the fill is in the back one

you can group these, but if it is not acceptable to have two objects then I think you need to use a brush that does not fade, or make a custom one yourself

[however as Bob also said there may be an easier way we don't know about, I don't claim to be an expert in illustrator ]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illybrushtransform.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	100731  
    IP

There are a few other ways to do it but you have been shown the quickest. Use the Pen Tool to add 2 points just before it tapers then use direct selection tool to pull 1 of the points over onto corner (messy). As line is vector go into line with Direct Selection too and pull tapered points up and down to broaden the taper (slow).
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP