Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: The Knight

Well there is not too much going on here for a change so I will post my knight. Let me know what you think. Does anyone know where I can find a dragon, or damsel in distress? Where is that round table? Where is that Lady of the lake? The Holy Grail? Merlin Help. Wait I think I see Camelot up ahead. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	knight.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	10055  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Well there is not too much going on here for a change so I will post my knight. Let me know what you think. Does anyone know where I can find a dragon, or damsel in distress? Where is that round table? Where is that Lady of the lake? The Holy Grail? Merlin Help. Wait I think I see Camelot up ahead. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

He seems to mean business, that Knight of yours - great looking shield too!

I can't excactly remember where or when Gary tipped us about some copyright articles, which mentioned "Dover" illustrations. These illustration have a very generous "right to use" and cover all kinds of subject matters and I bet you can get all kinds of ideas from them.

http://www.arttoday.com - I haven't used this website yet, but they do mention Dover illustrations. Why not check-it out? They have some sort of free full access trial.

Good luck!

Risto

Thanks Risto.
    I was only joking about looking for dragons and damsels in distress etc. If I need such an image I would just draw it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] As for the shield that was a whole different project. Xara is so great that I could use that image on the shield.I just copied it into this image. Here is the shield. Lancelot move over, Hello Lady Guinevere.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shield.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	2185  
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire

I need to call my Oppenheimer agent ;-)

Maybe Quentin or Marcus if they are lurking around can animate you up a suitable dragon or distressed damsel.

I was referring to the Dover clip art books. I was not aware that they have a web site, but then why am I not surprised. Everybody has a web site these days. You could problably key in dragon.com or distressed_maidens.org and come up with something. I used some Dover clip art in a web site makeover for Figgies Cafee on the efuse.com site. Maybe that is what you saw?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hey Bruce - you don't need any freek-n dragons or destressed damsels! You already have Tara the Xara Warrior with whom the knight could do battle. My bets are on Tara. After cutting the head off that dragon I'm sure Mr. Tin Man is no challenge. (I do hope the horse gets away unharmed).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

... articles mentioned Dover illustrations... that's where I got if from, Gary.

My memory is not what it used to be [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Risto

Thanks Ross!
    That would be a good scene to have the knight going after Tara, or something like that! And I already have that dragon there too. ? I might have to work on an update.
    Thanks Ross and Gary , I am still not sure what the Dover illustrations are. ? Maybe I will do a search on that topic. Thanks for everyones suggestions.
    Bruce
    Artist For Hire