Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy I am trying to create my logo like this shoe lace technique.

Hi,
    I am trying to create my logo like this shoe lace technique.
    here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	1834 
Size:	185.0 KB 
ID:	100569
    but this how far I got:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen+Shot+2014-02-05+at+11.14.17+PM.png 
Views:	424 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	100570
    I am having hard time drawing those shadow areas. The picture above I used pen tool for shedows but its not working out that good.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: I am trying to create my logo like this shoe lace technique.

Hello oshean Welcome to talkgraphics! This is more of a graphics/drawing related question rather than typography. If you let me know what program you are using I'll move this thread into a more appropriate forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Welcome to TG oshean, this is not a font question but more of a graphics question. Your profile show no software used so how are you attempting to do your logo? For instance if you used photoshop or illustrator it should be in the photoshop forum where you can get expert help using those programs. If you are using a Xara product (which it does not look like you are) it should be in the Xara graphics chat. As Angelize says "If you let me know what program you are using I'll move this thread into a more appropriate forum" where you will get all the help you need. Without more information this may be simply ignored or worse regarded as spam and delt with accordingly. We cannot move this thread to the proper forum without further information from you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The OP is using Adobe llustrator. The OP got answers on the Illustrator forum.

It could be done fully vector in any vector application. But it would be a labor of love to get all the details as per the sample.