Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

We have built a website using MM1.1. As long as we are at the top of the page
    the submenu functions properly (dropping down from the main menu). But, when we
    scroll down a bit, the submenu starts opening ABOVE the menu and above so much
    that there is a gap and you can't get the mouse to the submenu before it
    disappears.

Feel free to look at the site we're testing:
    http://www.pickeringtonchamber.com/test

The browser must be small enough (800x600) to create a scroll bar. If you're
    using a higher resolution view:

http://www.pickeringtonchamber.com/t...onsorships.htm

You have a Div inside a div which is confusing the heck out of your browser. Just center the bar in the cell with <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" align=center> and get rid of <div align="center"> and </div>

Thanks John but, I atually only found one set of DIVs. I removed them and put your code in and that didn't solve the problem...

Check it out...
    http://www.pickeringtonchamber.com/test

hi golfnut,

could you try one more thing? Could you change the following code from this;

<script menumaker>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="nav.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="nav.gif" moduleid="chamber_02 (project)\nav_off.xws"*/</script>

To This;

<script menumaker>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>')</script>
    <script menumaker>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="nav.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>')</script>

or better yet to this;

<script src="xaramenu.js"></script><script src="nav.js"></script>

Did that...

No luck

okay golfnut,

here is one more thing to try. could you name your links...

a:link {color: #432C5F;}

a.test1:link {color: #432C5F;}

etc, see if that can fix this. Your submenus are relative for some reason. And it is a real bear to find out what is goofing them up. CSS are hard to Troubleshoot unless you write all of them.

That doesn't appear to have done it...

Hmmm... We are stuck going through both the file and both .js line per line. I did notice one thing that just might help. Count your <table and </table> tags. It appears you are shy 1 </table> tag.

Balanced the <table>s...

I have attached the nav.js created by MM1.1
    I can only attach one attachment at a time. If you need the xara js let me know...
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry golfnut,

Have not had time to play with it much. I would suggest copying the parts of the page, piece by piece to a new file, and see where the trouble pops up. That would be easiest. I didn't see anythig that looked "wrong" in the code when I last looked.

I would start witha bunch of Cariage returns and the calls to the menu script. Then build from there...