Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am a web designer and would like to take a screen shot of a web site I did. (I know how to get the screen shot...)

I've seen web site samples where they sort of 3D the browser window and put it on a angle ... as though it was on a sign on a shelf. (Sometimes with a drop shadow behind it) Can't find any of those sites at the moment.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? Or anything similar. The site itself doesn't have to be totally readable. I do understand you can fake the display by creating a nice clear rendering of your homepage and using that inside a browser frame (instead of shrinking down the real thing) but how do you get that 3D sign effect. I use Fireworks 4 and Photoshop 6. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    The finished graphic will be about 175 pixels wide and similar in height.

EVEN if you are only showing me an example of one that has been created.

Thanks

Valnull

I am a web designer and would like to take a screen shot of a web site I did. (I know how to get the screen shot...)

I've seen web site samples where they sort of 3D the browser window and put it on a angle ... as though it was on a sign on a shelf. (Sometimes with a drop shadow behind it) Can't find any of those sites at the moment.

Can anyone tell me the best way to do this? Or anything similar. The site itself doesn't have to be totally readable. I do understand you can fake the display by creating a nice clear rendering of your homepage and using that inside a browser frame (instead of shrinking down the real thing) but how do you get that 3D sign effect. I use Fireworks 4 and Photoshop 6. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.
    The finished graphic will be about 175 pixels wide and similar in height.

EVEN if you are only showing me an example of one that has been created.

Thanks

Valnull

You don't need no 3D progs for that, although you -can use them. In Photoshop under the Edit menu you can choose the transform tools.
    Because upsampling gives a worse result than downsample, you may want to make your image the size you want and then make the far side smaller instead of making the near side larger.

Hope this is what you are looking for. If not: an example would come in handy.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

This required about 10 minutes work in Lightwave.
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for (?) I just used default surfaces, so it's nothing fancy--just testing the effect. I've never really seen what you're talking about, so it's hard for me to envision, but this sounds like it. I know the screenshot is a bit hard to read, but that's a result of anti-aliasing on Lightwave's part. With some tweaking, I'm sure it could work.

This is simply two spotlights with shadow maps...raytracing could help the appearance of the shadows, and a radiosity render would probably really spice it up, and give it that "real-life" quality, like it were a sign on a shelf, as you said. Maybe even put it in a picture frame? Not hard to do...

I use both Fireworks and Photoshop. Fireworks should make this fairly simple as well (drop shadows are built in, and creating a rectangle and texturing it with your screenshot is also possible). Photoshop for tweaking levels and color, and you have your pic.

Hope this helps,
    Brett

Sorry, the render might help...DOH!

Brett
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenShot.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	173.1 KB 
ID:	7962  

Don't remember if I thanked you for this yet... turns out this is what I needed. I just used distort and skew in fireworks added a little drop shadow in the back.

Thanks,
    Val

Val,

Not sure if I'm the one you're thanking, but if so, you're certainly welcome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Brett