Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Drop Cap February 2014

The letter for this month is E

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nsE.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	100473 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	100472

More to follow
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Default Re: Drop Cap February 2014

Carrying on from where I left off in January, another floral font, Petitfleur, which also has a snowy background.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E1.png 
Views:	293 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	100475  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I like those Bob. The floral and very ornate ones seem to be what I like best.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Here are a couple more, the second one I'm not sure if I like or not, anyway it was made using two fonts leafy glade and leafy shade plus some other fooling around.

Name:	E with leaves.png 
Views:	338 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	100564 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new E.png 
Views:	331 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	100565
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

I like the second one, Larry. Perhaps the green/yellow purple combination is a tad cycledelic but it's nice.
    I had to use Guardian Egyptian Headline Bold (£, $, €) at some stage during the Drop Cap Challenge. It's extremely pricey at $2,000.00 for the Guardian collection, but I managed to convince myself that $50.00 wasn't too much for the single font. I think the uppercase "E" is a masterpiece.
    Here I used just the Contour Tool, set to inner contour at 100 steps. I converted the result to editable shapes and ungrouped it all. I selected the innermost contour and coloured it white. This innermost contour had 4 separate areas, which I individually sliced so that I could apply 4 different feathering settings to get the highlights, to make the result resemble old gold (or caramel, if you prefer).
    Bob.

Name:	E2.png 
Views:	358 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	100573  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Good work Bob. Interesting how you went about doing that one. Man O Man that was a pricy font, I hope you get good use out of it and it pays off in the long run. While I have bought a few fonts I always feel guilty because being retired I just do this for fun. Thank you for your comment about mine, I can't help but wonder if the color combinations should have been different particularly the darkest color. Oh well that's how we learn, at least I do, try and try again, some work and some don't work so well.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Name:	Ornamental Verrsals E.png 
Views:	318 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	100614

Font Ornamental Verrsals converted to editable shapes, ungrouped twice, break shapes. The resulting black blob was moved to side, sected the whole bunch and added shapes then colored an aqua and put to back. The other parts were worked on somewhat to remove some bumps and spurious points and given a linear fill. Both this and the aqua were then aligned, and if I remember correctly the linear filled shape was given a 1 pt black line.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

here a simple cap

Name:	E cap.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	100659  
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Interesting Ankhor, that's really different. Good job. As usual you guys are coming through in spectacular fashion and putting my Megan efforts to shame. Still I an proud of the ones I did. In particular I really like the looks of the last one it kind of looks Art Deco.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Yep it does, I think it is your best one to date.
    be aware, not to become a ware.