Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default web page in Iframe

Hi guys(and gals), am wrestling with a problem at the moment of getting a web page from another site to appear in my site.Link to page at local planning office to search applications) I have put the embed code in the body box
    <iframe src="http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planning-and-building-control/development-control/search-and-comment-on-planning-applications/" width="850" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes"></iframe>

I have changed the width even using 100% and various widths but still cannot accommodate the site in the place holder. I have increased the width of the site base and the place holder but nothing seems to get all of the site on mine. Is there a bit of code that I am missing to reduce the site viewed on my webpage.

Driving me nuts!!

Ken

Default Re: web page in Iframe

Make your place holder and the depth in the script (height) 1150px

Thanks for the quick reply Gary. Have done what you suggested but still the width is not wide enough.See attachment.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen shot iframe.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	100288 If I increase the width of my site to accommodate it makes the site wider than my screen(which the linked site is not). The site is based on the zcard template. What I want to do is shrink the incoming web site to fit my site by reducing in in size. Is this possible.

If not then how do I enlarge this page on my site to a size to accommodate the incoming site as the headings are repeating on all pages and presumably if I increase this pages headings to 1150 all other pages will follow suit,

Am I asking the impossible?

Or just being a pain?

Ken

I was going by the width of the content assuming the iframe will appear over a white background.

Change the width to 600, it will then shrink and fit as it would on a smartphone. I have tried it and it works fine.

Hi Miko, tried what you said and the result was the same (not fitting to frame) Then I checked it in chrome and it showed up exactly as I wanted. So it seems that it was the default IE browser that was at fault in presenting the iframe not the iframe itself. Thanks for the help fast and helpful as uaual.

Ken
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen shot iframe2.png 
Views:	166 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	100298

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi guys(and gals), am wrestling with a problem at the moment of getting a web page from another site to appear in my site.Link to page at local planning office to search applications) I have put the embed code in the body box
    <iframe src="http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planning-and-building-control/development-control/search-and-comment-on-planning-applications/" width="850" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes"></iframe>

I have changed the width even using 100% and various widths but still cannot accommodate the site in the place holder. I have increased the width of the site base and the place holder but nothing seems to get all of the site on mine. Is there a bit of code that I am missing to reduce the site viewed on my webpage.

Driving me nuts!!

Ken
    Ken, it is possible to scale the contents on an IFRAME.
    You add some CSS to a page Placeholder.
    This reduces the scaling to 90%:

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    #iframeEvents{
    zoom:0.9;
    -moz-transform:scale(0.9);
    -moz-transform-origin:0 0;
    -o-transform:scale(0.9);
    -o-transform-origin:0 0;
    -webkit-transform:scale(0.9);
    -webkit-transform-origin:0 0;
    }
    </style>
    and you need to add the ID into your IFRAME code:

Code:
    <iframe src="http://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/planning-and-building-control/development-control/search-and-comment-on-planning-applications/" width="850" height="350" id="iframeEvents" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes"></iframe>
    Acorn

Thanks Acorn that looks like it will cut out all the trial sizes to get it right. Being pretty proficient with WD but useless with code and leaving myself open to the usual comeback. where do I stick the css code. Does this go into the iframe of the incoming site ad if so where or in a separate I frame and again if so where? It may be a simple answer which will of course expose my ignorance completely.

Ken

There are a number of places the CSS can go.
    Xara's Placeholders allow you to decide.

By my increasing preference:

1. Included as part of the IFRAME code - at least everything is together and so you are only editing in one place.
    2. In a separate Head Placeholder - you would need to add an object to the page - I find it soon gets lost and forgotten.
    3. In the Page Head Placeholder.
    4. In the Website Head Placeholder.
    5. As an external file called up as an external CSS call - this allows you to separately upload and change the CSS without re-publishing Xara.

I would suggest your need is option 3: Utilities > Web Properties... > Page > HTML code (head).

Acorn

Thanks a lot Acorn may you grow up to be a mighty Oak!

Seems to work fine(as if I would have doubted it?)
    Ken