Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to Keep heade/bannerr at top while scrolling while scrolling down the page

Hi,

Need help on how to Keep header/banner fixed at top while scrolling down the page.

Thx

Jimmy

Default Re: how to Keep heade/bannerr at top while scrolling while scrolling down the page

You can do this in Web Designer 9 Premium by adding a object you want to use as the header to the pasteboard background layer, then (with the pasteboard background layer locked in the Page & Layer Gallery) right click on the pasteboard area and select Pasteboard Background > Fixed.

Then, the page content will scroll but the pasteboard background will not.

Default Re: how to Keep heade/bannerr at top while scrolling while scrolling down the page

Or you can add a new fixed layer and place your banner on this layer. See this post by sledger http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...679#post470679

PeteS
    thx for the reply.

Am using the refresh theme. I tired to add the move the banner to the pasteboard background but WILL NOT allow me to do that. Also when I do the right click on the pasteboard area therE is NO "select Pasteboard Background > Fixed"

Am using Web Designer 9 Premium.

thx

Jason

You need to create a long thin bitmap with a portion at the top that will be the banner.

Open the Bitmap Gallery, select the image and select Background.

A menu will ask Page or Pasteboard. Select Pasteboard.

Right click on the background and select Pasteboard Background and select Fixed.

Preview the page and scroll up and down.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Again appreciate the help.

One more thing: mainly I wanted to have the navigation bar fixed. So again when people scroll down the long page they can click on the navigation to take them to another page.

thx again

Hi,

Better explain myself. If you can go to: https://squareup.com/register
    you will have the main banner and the black navigation menu under it.
    when you scroll down the page the black navigation menu stays on the top but also
    the individual button gets highlighted when reach that specific section.

That is what am trying to do.

thx

again

Please see the link in my first post about a Fixed Layer. This is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Please see the link in my first post about a Fixed Layer. This is what you need.
    THANK you @gwpriester for that information. In fact, I was having the same difficulties as @zizzzme, and just by reading @PeteS´s post and yours, suddenly I understood the thing.

Now I have some images fixed with the background!

Keep the good work!

(I just have bought Prox9, and I am happy. Nice tool! )