Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Importing php script

Hello. I'm new to Xara, trying to install some php script (nibbleblog) to my website project.
    Google search and FAQ didn't give me anything helpful. I'm now stuck in this and I hope someone here can help me.

Default Re: Importing php script

Welcome to TalkGraphics

My gut feeling says no, you cannot use this script in Xara (Sketch or Acorn or some of the more savvy members may prove me wrong).

It really depends.
    What I would do is check that my ISP supports executables and PHP and read their support information as to how and where you can install it.
    The ways to find out are through the ISP's help desk and its forums to see if anyone else has done the same.

If you succeed with this, you then have to "integrate" it within a Xara design.
    Effectively, the simplest way is to type in the URL of your Blog into the configuration form for the Embed a website widget.
    I would be more than happy to help with that part for you.

Nibblelog is using a collection of xml files as its database and a host of php scripts for its functionality so you are taking on a big challenge to keep it running, backed up and updated. I use Wordpress instead and occasionally I press an Update All link and all the little elves do my bidding.

Acorn

I have tried integrating these types of blog software into a xara site and frankly it does not work, AT ALL. If you really must have a blog with a xara site then the best way to do it is to install wordpress in to a folder so for instance www.yourdomain.com/blog, and then just link to it. Trying to install using scripts etc or iframes is neither good visually or from a practical point of view. If a client needs a blog we simply do the whole site in wordpress, as Acorn suggests above; it is simply easier. I have had a look at the nibbleblog site and to be honest trying to get it to work with xara will be difficult.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    I have tried integrating these types of blog software into a xara site and frankly it does not work, AT ALL. If you really must have a blog with a xara site then the best way to do it is to install wordpress in to a folder so for instance www.yourdomain.com/blog, and then just link to it. Trying to install using scripts etc or iframes is neither good visually or from a practical point of view. If a client needs a blog we simply do the whole site in wordpress, as Acorn suggests above; it is simply easier. I have had a look at the nibbleblog site and to be honest trying to get it to work with xara will be difficult.
    Skech, I think we've turned into gary's little elves!.
    Acorn

Skech, I think we've turned into gary's little elves!.
    Heh, heh.