Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: January 2014 Video Tutorial : Drawing Plastic and Chrome What's the Diff?

Hey, stygg—

You’re doing exceptional work and I really like the soft focus you put in the interior in this version.

Yes, taking the time to finesse what your instincts tell you to do is a bother, but you got your payoff, didn’t you? One of the things I’ve discovered after 1,000 years drawing and designing is that almost nothing comes to an artist without “sweating the details”.

It’s important to realize where passion ends and obsession begins, but I’ve also come to realize that the only things that give pleasure without any effort are illegal, immoral, or fattening.

g-

Default Re: January 2014 Video Tutorial : Drawing Plastic and Chrome What's the Diff?

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    since you pointed out there was 12 shapes in the sphere mold and seven in the box floor its been driving me mad
    Sorry for that, yesterday I just wanted to mention a simple solution - deleting the first 7 shapes line in the room, bring the sphere closer to the viewer so there should not be any line front of the sphere, after the reflection can contain any number of shapes even 12, because who will say that on the second part of the room there are no 12 per line? Automatically it could be 'real'. Then even a dalmatian could be in the reflection (please don't draw a dalmatian for this )

I've not got round to doing the pie chart yet so think I'll attempt that next and then back to a black sphere and shadow Gary posted a while back, it's really good so will attempt that. Your never stuck for work in the Xone
    ..and exactly that is why Stygg you are the most diligent

I want you all to know that's it's been a very rewarding month for me, too.

I received personal email telling me that a member sees the difference between imitating an example and learning from it.

This is all good stuff, all ways around, thanks people!

My Best,

Gary

Hey, I'd mentioned something earlier that a good photorealistic element would be the photographer him or herself showing in the highly reflective sphere. Try do do stygg's scene in real life and try to stay out of the reflection!

Here's a real quick sketch, and I'm sure you can do better, but let the imagination flow, eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photographer-in-reflection.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	100576

My Best,

Gary

Thanks for the kind remarks Csehz, I know you were mentioning a solution, but I'm glad you spotted it because when I took a closer look I realized I had missed out the blur on the two top rows, so did a complete redraw of the mold to 7 and soft blur on top two. Felt more relaxed then.

Cheers Stygg

Thank you also Gary for your kind remarks in #31, it's all due to your encouragement and nudges in the right direction, infinite patience, photo diagrams and explanations Really don't know how you do it.

Stygg

nudges in the right direction, infinite patience, photo diagrams and explanations Really don't know how you do it.

Stygg
    I do not have infinite patience, I promise you, and as far as the explanations go, my motivation is a very simple one. I have a shipload of ideas—many of them unfinished ones—trivial facts, important facts, just a vast unshared collection of neat stuff in my head, and we have no children to force into my shoes.

So you're it. You all are. You might not be torch-bearers for Bouton, but when I see a little glimmer or glow, I'm encouraged to continue because I'll bet my bottom dollar a creative fire is going to start somewhere.

What should any of us do when we're done collecting?

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    So you're it. You all are.
    Gare that is very beautifully said, I think even touching. Really thanks that you see the community like that and unselfishly sharing your ideas and techniques.

Anyway the computer graphics especially seems that kind of art which definitely needs time, so ideas probably will be always more than which can be done by a person. And that is why so good that in the life endless number of candles can be lit from a single flame. If my English is not crashed in that expression somewhere

Your reply also is well said Csehz and I second it completely.

"Gare that is very beautifully said, I think even touching. Really thanks that you see the community like that and unselfishly sharing your ideas and techniques"

Stygg

Your English is still far better than my Polish, csehz! You're perfect 99% of the time, and the other 1%, you're so close I give you that point!

There's payback for me, guys.

I get all emotional when I see one of my fellow members do something as a result of my lessons, and they do it much better than I would.

That's part of the beauty of humanity: no two people are alike, no two people think completely alike.

And that's the beauty of comradeship: We can help fill in each other's weak spots.

It's all good!

-g