Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: January 2014 Video Tutorial : Drawing Plastic and Chrome What's the Diff?

I won't listen to that!
    Hands over ears: La-la-la-la-la....

Default Re: January 2014 Video Tutorial : Drawing Plastic and Chrome What's the Diff?

Really, though, if this is about wanting the .xar files for my eye drawing, etc., I'm happy to send them to you Gare. I'm not the person to ask for tutes, as you will see, since I rarely even use layers with Xara and just "wing-it" as I build an image pretty much on the fly.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

We'll take this discussion private, okay, Crow?

Thanks!

-g

+1 for Maya to be the Featured Artist once, +1 to see also tutorials from her :-)

You know Maya that eye in Art Gallery immediately made me your fan, seeing that you registered in 2001 in TG of course also clicked on your profile to look there the galleries. Searching also after past posts realized, that you are one of those vector heroes from the beginning, who drew better with Xara Xtreme and posted better in 2002, than I will with Xara Designer Pro XX in 2020

So hopefully Gare will just convince you in private and neither will be technical issues. It is not about the .xar files, that eye is your copyright. And we have seen a lot of .xar files already, it is much more about your working/translating process, even would read happily a similiar interview on XaraXone with you like Ron Duke had last month.

Anyway I will try these chrome spheres yet

I agree with all Csehz said in #24 Maya, I'm definitely one of your fans after looking through your gallery, brilliant, and a tips and trick tut. would be great. Saying to Gary you'd be no good at doing one because you wing it, well that was my excuse when I did the Alien sky T&T but believe me Gary is great with guiding you through the process and never loses your particular style of delivery, believe it or not, it is enjoyable. Go for it Maya

Stygg

Thanks for the file Albacore much appreciated.

Stygg

Gare, I don't mean to high-jack your video thread I just wanted to reply to:

Csehz and Stygg -- Thank you so much for all your kind words and encouragement, it means a lot, and I will get my work ready for Gare/Xara Xone.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

good stuff guys, bookmarked
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Haven View Post
    Gare, I don't mean to high-jack your video thread I just wanted to reply to:

Csehz and Stygg -- Thank you so much for all your kind words and encouragement, it means a lot, and I will get my work ready for Gare/Xara Xone.
    Excellent Maya, looking forward to your art

Stygg

Hi everyone, just had a look at the two xar. files Gary posted, chrome ball and The Boutons, whoa! there's a lot going on in both of them so before I even attempt to have a go at the chrome ball, I thought I'd do the same as Francis and Csehz and make a softbox with sphere to bring me up to speed to see if I'm capable of tackling that chrome ball Besides, I enjoyed making my own box and sphere Please forgive my Dalmatian floor

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Softbox.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	100525