Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slow since XDP X9 9.2.7.30974

I've not done a lot of work in Xara since this DL, but it's making me fricking crazy how slow everything has become. Of course, it could be my machine (it's an i7, sandy bridge, 2.2Gb, 8Gb) , but I'm not really noticing it in the 3dCAD stuff I typically work in, or anything else, for that matter...

Empirically, I've noticed that (since the latest updtate), I can barely bring myself to open Xara, as I know the frustration I'm likely to get from it's molassesesque new demeanour. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Should I seek other culprits? I can't believe it - Illustrator was actually faster for me on a recent job. Maybe I need to try a re-install?

But I'd be very interested to hear if anyone else is experiencing the same thing...before I go about reinstalling, etc.

thanks.

Default Re: Slow since XDP X9 9.2.7.30974

I'm using XDPX9 as 64-bit mainly and so seen any slowdown.
    Any particular files loaded or operations you're doing?

Acorn

Thanks for the response Acorn - although I feel I need to read between the lines/guess - and the otherwise lack of others shows me that it's likely an issue on my end. I'll continue to experiment as I find the time.

Cheers!

Re-install seems favourite. Only problem I've had was when trying to do a half-tone effect - loads of objects
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

large bitmap trace [in terms of number of shapes] and complex/multiple live effects, especially if unlocked can slow things down... [but when I check out ver 9 I didn't notice any real difference to version 8]

Apologies for my lack of re-reading my own post "so" was to be "not".
    Brain and finger mismatch - upgrade in progress.

Acorn