Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sequential numbering for text plugin?

Howdy All
    I need a thing that looks after sequential numbering of text blocks . I do a lot of storyboards in Xara P&GD and manually updating a lot of image numbers after a revision is time consuming. Are there any plugins that manage text? Ideally it would be a sort of token I could insert in a text block that would update if the text block was deleted or another one added.
    Is this even possible? Xara Page & Layout Designer appears to have Auto page numbering but I need a finer grained thing with more than one number per page.

Cheers
    Ken

Default Re: Sequential numbering for text plugin?

Hello Ken,

Xara products do not support a plug-in architecture per se (obviously they do as regards incorporating 8bf PhotoShop filters). I don't know whether the latest P&GD (and I don't know which version you are using) can thread text from frame to frame or not. XDP9 (which is what I use), and I think that P&LD, can thread text. So a text file that has a single number per line could be threaded so that only a single line is in each frame. But that's about all I can think of that might even remotely work for you.

Mike

Default Re: Sequential numbering for text plugin?

Xara Page & Designer Designer and Xara Designer Pro X9 support pages with sequential numbers. So you could set up a series of numbered pages with sequential numbering. This might not be quite what you need but it might be with a look. You can download a free 30 day trial copy.