Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The Eye: Window to the Soul

I do loads of cartoons for NHS newsletter and the eye is the thing that makes the cartoon. I now have so many! from robots, animals, monsters, children and adults. The last two i have over 50 eyes from different direction/poses so I save them to my clipart directory. So the next time you do an eye, for whatever reason, use name colours, so the colour is easy to change and do the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eye_example.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	100374  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Design is thinking made visual.

Here is a quick sketch using an Improv Electronics Boogie Board LCD tablet that uses LCD refex technology. No computer or software needed to draw, white on black, monochromatic, only function button digitally erases to start over, like an electronic Etch a Sketch or scratchboard, pressure sensitive surface with stylus (thin or thick lines possible). Good for quick sketches, notes, math problems, and doodles on the go. Cannot save/upload, but you can photgraph your work and color enhance the jpg. Also, another example of Arnold from "Predator". "GET TO THE CHOPPA!"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EyeBoogie.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	100376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArnoldPredBoog2.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	100377

Fun styles! Here's another done with Xara/vectors, a simple comic-book sort with a different attitude...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye_sly.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	100380  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I must say both of you have done a wonderful job with the eye. Maya, I am impressed that you did your entirely in Xara.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Here is a quick eye that I drew with 100% Xara P&GD9.

Name:	PurpleEye1.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	100384

Great job WildRice. I like to see stuff like that done 100% with Xara software, I guess because I rarely use anything else preferring to struggle(if need be) to create an effect that may be easier done with a raster program. Filter Forge could be an exception though because so far the effect I get on the stained glass drop caps I don't know how to get any other way.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Nice work!Larry -- like you, I use all sorts of media, still even paints/brushes/real canvas, but like to use Xara as any style is possible and vectors have advantages for enlarging images. Xara was my very first digital artwork program I tried and I still enjoy it today.

Name:	BlueEye71.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	100455
    Back to the Autodesk Sketchbook version, I added a Photoshop Elements Lomo after effect that darkens the corners, which added more photographic effect and some mystery too.

Name:	PurpleEye3.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	100456
    That was easy, so I also tried the Photoshop Elements Lomo effect on the Xara sketch. It made the skin jaundiced yellow, so I had to go back and add more red to the skin layer and Lomoed again.