Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Change a color

Hi everybody,
    I am new around this topic zone though I have been tinkering with photoshop for quite a bit. I was wondering if you could help me out with the following.

I am making a design which has to have lingtning and gark grey clouds. but I am stumped. Any pointers or links?

Q
    IP

Hi everybody,
    I am new around this topic zone though I have been tinkering with photoshop for quite a bit. I was wondering if you could help me out with the following.

I am making a design which has to have lingtning and gark grey clouds. but I am stumped. Any pointers or links?

Q
    IP

clouds can be made with the clouds filter (render>clouds. If you work in RGB mode, the grey colours have the same number (value) for Red, Green and Blue. Set your foreground and background colour both to greys, a dark one and a light one.
    Then you make a new layer, set your foreground and background colours to black and white and apply the clouds filter on it. NOw apply the Difference clouds to it. Do this a few times untill you like what you see. You will see black lines appear. If you invert (image>adjust>invert) then you will see the lightning.
    To mix this with your clouds layer, you double click the name of the layer in the layers palette. You'll now see two sliders. Choose the "This layer" slider, hold down the Altkey (Option) and drag the right half of the left hand slider all the way to the right and then drag the left half untill you make the whole layer transparant except for the lightning.
    If this is unclear to you, you may want to read the manual or the help files (blending sliders, clouds and difference clouds filters).

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

a lot. I will try that out immediately!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Q
    IP