Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Remote file not found (index.xhl)

I apparently need to update my profile (thanks for reminding me). As stated in my original post, I use Xara Web Designer MX Premium 8.1.4.30831 which is currently up to date. My version of MSIE is 8.0.6001.18702

Apologies, me not paying attention
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK. The second to the last patch fixed one thing and broke another. And this error message is the result.

The site gets published OK but after the publish when Xara is deleting files that have been replaced, it produces this error.

Go to Help, Check for Updates and see if there is an update for your product.

If not, there should be one shortly to fix this problem.
    Any ETA on the update? I still am having to upload entire websites after each minor change.

I think the problem is with the .html extension.

Try first deleting all the files on the server, then republish the site using the default (no extension--WD will export as index.htm).

Back up your current site files onto your desktop, then if needs be, you can add them back.

Any .html file will automatically be read first by the browser, even if there is a newer .htm file with the same name, which is why I suggested removing all the files on the server first.

I've always used .html instead of .htm - it wasn't a problem until recently. Xara WD used to handle the ftp uploads just fine.

I manage over 30 websites. Deleting all the .html files and replacing them with .htm files is not a solution. Search engines point to the .html pages. My clients all look for the pages as they are named. I'm not going to change all that just because a recent patch broke something in the software. It was stated that there should be a fix soon. I'm just wondering when that will be.

For the record, I have found a work-around for this issue, but am still looking for a response from Xara regarding the fix. I shouldn't have to do a work around each time I update a website.

For anyone interested in this topic, I did finally hear back from Xara, and was told that no more updates / patches are planned for WD8. As long as I know. My work around is to use an ftp program which I use often anyway, and I simply rename the online file "index.html.xhl" to index.xhl", and Xara WD seems happy to just upload the changes, not the entire site. his needs to be done each time I upload. It's a small hassle but still saves a good deal of time.

I have deleted the recent brocsman conversation as it added nothing.
    I will asked for this and the above to be permanently deleted in about a week.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat