Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: VaNDOaGE site

Default VaNDOaGE site

I made this for my own band of which I'm a singer/percussionist/keyboard player.
    We are a rockband that sings in our native dialect called "Gronings"

http://www.vandoage.nl

Default Re: VaNDOaGE site

Welcome to TalkGraphic

Your website (and your band) rocks!

thnx Gary, been reading around for a while, thought I'd better register now....

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Welcome Spitsoor

Very nice work on the site. The grunge metal look works well, I like the navigation buttons.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Good site Spitsoor, but there are two problems you might want to look at. Firstly the background is really quite large and on a slow connection (having to use a slow connection today:6meg) the background takes a while to load, and on a 3g mobile connection that could take a long time, I notice that you are using the png format for the background and the logo, group them and convert to jpeg and that problem would be solved. Secondly the page is wider than it really should be, on my laptop there is a horizontel scroll bar, a good width if you want the wider look would be 1060px or 1160px.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Good site Spitsoor, but there are two problems you might want to look at. Firstly the background is really quite large and on a slow connection (having to use a slow connection today:6meg) the background takes a while to load, and on a 3g mobile connection that could take a long time, I notice that you are using the png format for the background and the logo, group them and convert to jpeg and that problem would be solved. Secondly the page is wider than it really should be, on my laptop there is a horizontel scroll bar, a good width if you want the wider look would be 1060px or 1160px.

Hi skech, thnx for your feedback. The logo is on a different layer, because it needs to lay on top of the content. the backround I could perhaps do something with to make it smaller in size.
    It needs to be adjustable though, because when I add more content the page needs to stretch, including the background.
    About the size.... I keep forgetting that most people own smaller monitors.... oops.

I intend to make another smaller site just for mobiles and tablets. This one is just too elaborate for those things. ;-)

there are some issues I'd like to ask about....
    first I can't seem to place links in my photowidgets, not even in the tekst (it'll link but nothing will happen) and I keep seeing a line of backdrop at the bottom of the page, eventhough there's no content outside the page.

thnx guys!! together we'll make some serious websites!

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post

Hi skech, thnx for your feedback. The logo is on a different layer, because it needs to lay on top of the content. the backround I could perhaps do something with to make it smaller in size.
    It needs to be adjustable though, because when I add more content the page needs to stretch, including the background.
    About the size.... I keep forgetting that most people own smaller monitors.... oops.

I intend to make another smaller site just for mobiles and tablets. This one is just too elaborate for those things. ;-)

there are some issues I'd like to ask about....
    first I can't seem to place links in my photowidgets, not even in the tekst (it'll link but nothing will happen) and I keep seeing a line of backdrop at the bottom of the page, eventhough there's no content outside the page.

thnx guys!! together we'll make some serious websites!

Moderators note: this post was copied from this thread in the Xara Web Gallery
    Last edited by angelize; 11 January 2014 at 12:04 AM. Reason: added crosslink

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Spitsoor, You will get answers to your questions quicker in the Xara web chat area so I've copied this post into a new thread there Issues with photowidgets and backdrop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

And I moved the thread here and forwarded the post here.