Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page jumps when changing page

Hi Rik and Steve

I use xara designer pro 9 and I have still the same problem as described by Rik. Because this tread is quite old, I am not sure if somebody finaly found a solution. I searched the database but found no solution.
    I also tried the hint from athman (http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...&t=563&start=0). Did not work for me. My site still jumps when I go through the nav bar from page to page.

1. I start IE or Firefox
    2. The entry page goes within a second a little bit to the left side (20px) and and the to final position.
    3. I change the page by clickling the nav bar menu button.-> same effect.
    4. After a certain time of changing page, the effect stops.
    5. When I start again with step 1, the problem comes back ;-(

That effect looks unprofessional and has been critisised by a client. Any of you have a solution ?
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Default Re: Stop Web Pages from Jumping

What is the link to your website where we can see this?

Default Re: Page jumps when changing page

Pete and Erde

I deleted the duplicate posts from the old thread. So you can correspond in this thread.

As an experiment, change the Zoom of your browser to 50% and navigate through your site.
    If it still happens, then my next question is have you used some code to place the page to the left of the browser.

Acorn

Thank you a lot for your help.
    I rebuilt my site and now it does not happen anymore. Maybe it was because I put some object out of the page ? (Into the pasteboard section)
    I also use different page length. I changed the page length, so they know all equal. Maybe that helped too ? I don't know but for the moment I am
    happy that it worked (somehow) :-)

One thing that happens is that on a short page there is no side scroll bar, on a long page there is--and that makes the long page jump left that many pixels. It's very easy to not notice the absent/present scroll bar.