Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Support high-DPI monitors

Quote Originally Posted by David.P View Post
    I can't believe that it seems to be necessary to tutor the manufacturer on this on an internet forum, because they obviously don't know how to fix this -- meanwhile ridiculous -- issue.

Windows 10 in the meantime is able to display the entire Xara Designer UI natively in high resolution (for example at 200 % dpi) -- only the viewport in which the drawing itself appears remains in low resolution with the respective Windows advanced scaling settings.

Maybe they can at least fix this part of the issue which certainly shouldn't require recoding the entire user interface.

Otherwise, everyone with reasonably professional requirements will soon end up switching to Affinity Designer (or some other viable alternative).

Xara-Magix, mind my words
    I wonder how many new users are seeing this behaviour and asking for a refund already?

A commercial enterprise needs to focus on what will make it money and that is what I believe xara are doing

Every proposed improvement has to be weighed up and consideration given as to whether the money would be better spent elsewhere

I would not presume to 'tutor' the company because I am sure they know what they are doing

Personally I would prefer a mesh warp tool that warps vectors, which E3 had in 2003, a greyscale workspace, a vector freehand drawing tool that is useful for fast expressive strokes which inkscape ( that is free ) has had for ages...the list goes on

I will and have requested these things but it is for xara to decide

Whilst they would prefer it otherwise no doubt, I don't think they can afford to lose sleep over customers switching to affinity or illustrator - there will be many reasons for this when it happens - and besides, it is very much a myth that there is only one program you need that does everything, pushed by marketing blurb

I would suggest most of us use whatever works best for the task
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: Support high-DPI monitors

Not a solution but helps us from squinting: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sys...wnloads/zoomit

If you accept defaults then Ctrl+4 toggle offers a Live Zoom.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by David.P View Post
    Windows 10 in the meantime is able to display the entire Xara Designer UI natively in high resolution (for example at 200 % dpi) -- only the viewport in which the drawing itself appears remains in low resolution with the respective Windows advanced scaling settings.
    windows is using the graphics card gpu to do this

however, for it's drawing window, xara has it's own rendering engine which, back in the day before gpu and fast cpu, gave it a distinct edge

I suspect that windows cannot access this, in fact as it is proprietary it would be remarkable if it could, and so that is the issue

...certainly shouldn't require recoding the entire user interface.
    maybe not, but the only ones who can be certain of what it does entail are those who maintain it... I seem to recall it was written at machine code level for speed, that's a highly technical task
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...