Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Image23 Photography Website

Just two more things I want to suggest:

There is an option within the pop up options to dim the background, you should use this as it gives proper definition to the photos when they zoom in.

Secondly on your shop the product description text is far too dark, consider a lighter grey, also on the category headings for the breadcrumbs the blue just stands out far too much, more than it needs to, so perhaps use the slightly darker grey for this than the product description text, as it is that which needs to stand out.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I noticed that by clicking the coaching services button, the galleries menu dissappears.
    Is that intended?? also, If I navigate around I get longer or shorter menu's.... not quite what I like to see.
    I'd rather have all items in the same place and in the same order.

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    Just two more things I want to suggest:

There is an option within the pop up options to dim the background, you should use this as it gives proper definition to the photos when they zoom in.

Secondly on your shop the product description text is far too dark, consider a lighter grey, also on the category headings for the breadcrumbs the blue just stands out far too much, more than it needs to, so perhaps use the slightly darker grey for this than the product description text, as it is that which needs to stand out.
    Hi,
    I get what you are saying about the text colour and have spent a while looking how the heck you change text colour in CSS. I gather that I make a duplicate of the standard theme and then go and change just the bit I want to change like the text from light grey to white.

I am very sorry but I just can't see how to get it.

Can you perhaps just give me a nudge in the right direction please.

Den

Thanks to the other contributors also, I will update.

Ohhh I think I've done it.

the easiest way of doing custom things in ecwid is to open your store and simply right click on the text or other ecwid object and 'inspect element' in chrome and find the relevant css rule and copy and paste it into the design of the theme you have. Also be aware that sometimes one css rule can apply to other objects as well.

Edit- I've just noticed that the text for the breadcrumbs is now black, you may want to change that.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    the easiest way of doing custom things in ecwid is to open your store and simply right click on the text or other ecwid object and 'inspect element' in chrome and find the relevant css rule and copy and paste it into the design of the theme you have. Also be aware that sometimes one css rule can apply to other objects as well.

Edit- I've just noticed that the text for the breadcrumbs is now black, you may want to change that.
    Thanks very much it took a while to get my head around it but got there in the end.

Absolutely fantastic support from all you guys.

Just need to sort out the menu jumping about that Spitsoor commented about. I think that may be due to that not all my pages are the same height and width, could that be the reason for the 'jumping'

I had to do that to make some things fit like the flash for the Sports Services flash.

Am I a little too late to reply to this?
    I have been trying to build my website for ages. It is something that I keep getting fed up with and not touching it for weeks and weeks. Anyway some time ago I just about got my gallery sorted out, with the help of you lovely forum people. Now I have seen this gallery I wonder if you could tell me how it was done? I think it is fantastic!
    I have my thumbnails, when clicked on or hovered over, displaying a larger image. I would like to know how I can get it to look like this one. Eg the slider thingy at the bottom.
    As I have mentioned before I am not too technically minded when it comes to programming.

Hi Ian,

I had some wonderful help from the guys on here, you sound like you are exactly like me in that I find it difficult to get my head around how to do the things that are not basic stuff. I did do a lot of research and did try to find as much as I could before I came here to ask questions and that did help me, but on somethings I was absolutely stuck on and could not find the answer anywhere and this is when I came here to ask the guys.

Anyway, I think if you read this thread (http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...hlight=image23) I started and then read this one in that order I think you should be able to work your way through to get the gallery I eventually settled with.

I hope that helps you.