Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A new font resource

...at least, HypeForType is new to me. Their owner (a one-man show with a few contract players) contacted me, I told him to stop spamming me just because I'd bought one font from his site, he wrote a detailed apology, and the two of us are cool now. :)

The fellow is trying to make new and interesting fonts easy for people who do typography easy to find. Two of his Greatest Hits, NeoDeco (which you'll think "buzzes" here, but it's really fine work and needs to display at large sizes), and Calgary Script, which is casual but very powerful, can be seen here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HypeForType.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	100108

The next time you have a few bucks left in a budget for text that will look fresh, and almost unique in your ad, check out

He's a clearing house for a few boutique foundries and has other exclusives. You might find the foundry font you seek is cheaper at HFT.

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: A new font resource

Oh, great! Another place to purchase fonts...actually I have the site bookmarked. Found it on someone's blog but haven't purchased any form their (that I recall. It's all such a blur).

But thanks for the reminder. I'll take a good look with my last $50 I have in my pocket...

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I'll take a good look with my last $50 I have in my pocket...
    In reality, that would get you 5 fonts if you pick carefully, Mike.

No, the guy and I really had a good email chat, and I did have a project where I had budgeted for some fonts, and his site gave me the "nice price", lower than MyFonts.com for certain items.

-g

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I was just having a look at this site very nice stuff. One thing though I noticed that there are licensing options for desktop, apps, games and enterprise but no simple options for webfonts. Gary, do you know if these fonts can be used as web fonts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Oh, this conversation goes back more than a year, Frances.

Neither of us were able to locate a working email for Mr. Steffmann. The TypeOasis website is basically static (IOW, dead but available), and me, I'd err on the side of caution and use an SVG or a bitmap copy of the text.

-g

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think you have mixed up the conversations Gary, we are talking about Hype for Type here. Dieter Steffmann was mentioned in the other thread Or am I the one who is confused?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Being somewhat mixed-up myself, I don't doubt you're right, Frances.

I don't know much more about the fonts than the bare bones download I did. I didn't see documentation about the license, but I'm sure if you email him at foundry@hypefortype.com, I'm sure he'd enlighten all of us on WebFont use.

My Best,

Gary

OK. I lasted almost a day. One does need to ensure what currency they are browsing the site with...Else in the USA one just might think they are getting a really good deal. I have had the Salamander Script sitting in a shortcut to check the price on a couple sites now and again. This was the best price I have seen. One of these fonts came off of Mighty Deals (Mister Poster).

Ah, so many fonts, so little time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000944.png 
Views:	160 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	100138

I saw Mr. Poster, Mike, and reflexively I was going to go fetch it, but I myself can do a half-hearted, amateurish font! Have no idea what I'd use it for.

Salamander Script looks useful!

My Best,

Gary

I think that a font such as Mister Poster would be far more involved to make the variations than Salamander Script...

I have no idea when or on what I will ever use it (other than just using it for forum stuff). It cost what a couple of Starbucks coffees do. Which I will typically consume in quantity when I go with my wife shopping. Seeing how I missed all the opportunities to go shopping with her for a year, I am actually ahead of the curve.