Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: A new font resource

Oh, this conversation goes back more than a year, Frances.

Neither of us were able to locate a working email for Mr. Steffmann. The TypeOasis website is basically static (IOW, dead but available), and me, I'd err on the side of caution and use an SVG or a bitmap copy of the text.

-g

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think you have mixed up the conversations Gary, we are talking about Hype for Type here. Dieter Steffmann was mentioned in the other thread Or am I the one who is confused?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Being somewhat mixed-up myself, I don't doubt you're right, Frances.

I don't know much more about the fonts than the bare bones download I did. I didn't see documentation about the license, but I'm sure if you email him at foundry@hypefortype.com, I'm sure he'd enlighten all of us on WebFont use.

My Best,

Gary

OK. I lasted almost a day. One does need to ensure what currency they are browsing the site with...Else in the USA one just might think they are getting a really good deal. I have had the Salamander Script sitting in a shortcut to check the price on a couple sites now and again. This was the best price I have seen. One of these fonts came off of Mighty Deals (Mister Poster).

Ah, so many fonts, so little time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000944.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	100138

I saw Mr. Poster, Mike, and reflexively I was going to go fetch it, but I myself can do a half-hearted, amateurish font! Have no idea what I'd use it for.

Salamander Script looks useful!

My Best,

Gary

I think that a font such as Mister Poster would be far more involved to make the variations than Salamander Script...

I have no idea when or on what I will ever use it (other than just using it for forum stuff). It cost what a couple of Starbucks coffees do. Which I will typically consume in quantity when I go with my wife shopping. Seeing how I missed all the opportunities to go shopping with her for a year, I am actually ahead of the curve.

I love it, Mike. You use a similar accounting method to mine, which I call "Economic Rationalization and Equivalency". When I quit smoking years ago, I felt the money should go in a piggy bank instead of back into the General Kitty. And I always try to evaluate whether a toy...I'm being honest here, fonts are toys...is less than, say, a Whopper with cheese and bacon.

This works out very nicely because fast food places are charging $75/pound for second-rate meat.

I collected a few Script faces that are similar in spirit to Salamander off one of my drives. Many of them are free. you just need to look and be wary of font-holes where you get malware for your time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Script examples.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	100141

My Best,

Gary

Thanks for sharing this - always need more places to get fonts from!