Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A way to make a movie clip movable, but the user can lock it so it doesn't move?

It is possible to make a movie clip do the drag and drop type of thing, and also the user will be able to lock it in place so that it can't be moved, so that the user doesn't accidentally move it again?

I'm kinda new to flash still, so don't be to complicated with helping please, but I have a generally okay understanding of it.
    IP

Default Re: A way to make a movie clip movable, but the user can lock it so it doesn't move?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Are you asking this in relation to a Xara product? If so we'll move this post to the Xara Web Design Chat forum where you stand a better chance of getting a quick answer.
    IP

Default Re: A way to make a movie clip movable, but the user can lock it so it doesn't move?

Not sure but I don't think so. Xara can create swf files but not import them. I wanted to do something similar awhile back and what I ended up doing was using an animated gif. What I wanted to do was make a poster like in the Harry Potter movies. I did it too, but I did have to use a gif. It seems like many formats can be converted to an animated gif, but if you are wanting to use an avi or swf or something similar then I fear the answer is no. As far as the user locking it in place, what's the point of that? When you create your file the user cannot move anything unless he has the original file and software to run it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP