Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Dark Interface For CorelDraw

Hello,
    I use both Xara and CorelDraw X5. The dark interface in Xara is beautiful to work on and easy on the eyes. I would love to have a dark interface for CorelDraw as the brightness of the white interface is hard on the eyes. I understand a dark interface is not available for CorelDraw at this time. I know I can download a dark theme to windows and it will give some elements of CorelDraw a dark look. The problem with this approach is that all other programs on my computer are changed to a dark interface making some programs such as Microsoft outlook almost unreadable. I think some CorelDraw uses have been experimenting with CorelDraw and that someone may have come up with a work around solution to giving CorelDraw a dark interface like Xara. If anyone has any suggestions or approaches that might work, I would be grateful to know if a work around solution has been found.
    IP

Default Re: Dark Interface For CorelDraw

Probably best in the CorelDraw section of the forum...

There is a recent discussion on the CD forum over this. As for Xara products or CD, or AI/PS/ID, I would rather each of the makers have it user configurable. I know too many folks that don't want, don't like a dark interface. And I know some who do. I am mostly ambivalent about it. But as I like choice, I would like to be able to tweak it all.

Certain parts of the dark interface of Xara products (at least XDP) can be changed as to the color and or tone. These parts of the interface colors are kept in an XML file. It would be great if Xara moved it all into the XML file. Then even if they didn't provide the control to alter those values in-program, it isn't difficult to write an interface to do so.

This limited access to changing the interface colors (i.e., editing an XML file) is one way Corel could handle it. That way they wouldn't have to muck with their code and screw it up more.
    IP

Hello Mike, You are probably correct, this should go to the Corel Fourm. Could you move it. I notice it is moved to the Xara Graphics Chat. Thank you.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Guys, I've moved this to the Corel Draw forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP