Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: December 2013 - Tips and Tricks - Creating A Compass Rose-Style Star

As I bought myself a new PC-system for christmas, I finally got around and last night downloaded trial for Xara Designer pro X9 to do little testing. My first impressions are that it is pretty good and in some ways work similar to ArtWorks on RISC OS. I am not a big fan of the dark interface though that seems to be in fashion nowdays but maybe your eyes get used to that after a while.

Biggest advantage for me would be that you can still open those Acorn Draw files, so I could still do some of the drawing with other software if needed.

Now I just need to do some more experimenting with the software...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	100299  

Default Re: December 2013 - Tips and Tricks - Creating A Compass Rose-Style Star

Made a new shape for this attempt, wanted to try something different. Didn't get all the lines spot on even using the guides but I'm pleased with the outcome. Will have another go at refining later when my eyes come back in focus

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	77.png 
Views:	168 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	100312  

I don't think I've seen a diamond cut vertically before (!), but you were very inventive and the work is excellent, stygg.

My Best,

gary

Stygg that is really a good and probably wide topic to link once to this technique, so crystals, diamonds..

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Stygg that is really a good and probably wide topic to link once to this technique, so crystals, diamonds..
    Thanks for kind remarks Csehz, if you want to fill this diamond in yourself, I've attached the xar file drawing.

Stygg
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think you're pretty well-known on tg, Stygg, but for an extra kick, I think if you're giving your artwork to this community, you'd get much more positive publicity if you gave it away on the ClipArt area.

Just a suggestion, and always glad to have you sharing right here, man!

My Best,

Gary

Cheers for that Gary, I posted in the Xone because I thought Csehz might want to fill the shape in his style, but your right, I will post in the ClipArt area so anyone can download the file.

Stygg

Your intentions were in the collaborative spirit and I applaud and commend you for that, Stygg. You can continue this intended endeavor—I encourage it and always like seeing the product of one artist jamming with another.

But that doesn't prohibit you from posting your version on the ClipArt forum. It's a good way to be recognized, because the Xara Xone thread is an ant grazing in the 40 acres that is tg (!), plus sharing naturally is Good Karma.

I put stuff on the ClipArt area when I'm done with a piece, it's spent, outlived its personal usefulness, and there's no reason not to share it.

I'm going to be dust in the next century, but someone else's hologram RAM drive will keep my work alive.

-g

Well I am not sure how much time is till the next tutorial of Gare, but thanks the file Stygg let's create diamonds

Seeing some photos definitely stained glass transparency seems the vector translation of that as base, or maybe also four colour fills? Just considering, maybe adding a contrast transparency cover on that for giving some spice. I am not sure how bad are these first tries, maybe better ice could come out once from these than diamond

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diamond.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	100334

Diamond_try3.xar

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    maybe better ice could come out once from these than diamond

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diamond.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	100334

Diamond_try3.xar
    Looks good to me cshez not really like ice , but, I see what you mean. I think it looks great.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.