Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: December 2013 - Tips and Tricks - Creating A Compass Rose-Style Star

They look great Csehz a really nice ice diamond effect.

Stygg

Default Re: December 2013 - Tips and Tricks - Creating A Compass Rose-Style Star

Csehz and Larry,
    just as a matter of interest, this is how the original drawing looked, I just altered the fill to colour. It was just black and white and about the size of a postage stamp so had to really magnify to redraw it. I think it was some standard mark for paper I obtained many moons ago

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paper mark.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	100337  

Thanks for your words, looking today back on the pictures, maybe I should not had used that cyan kind of blue to make it spicy, because that made it a little bit icy Moreover for that the used gray is too dark then beside. Briefly stones and ice those are maybe so different directions and should not be mixed.

Stygg thanks for this reference, from this one really the four colour fill seems being applied on it

Personally I like the cyan you used. With regard to the image in post #22 I was just trying to show how the original looked and you are correct it still as the four colour fill, all I did was remove the black background and select the entire diamond and gave it a luminosity fill to look more like the original so the four fills look like shades now complete with lines I added which the original had. The postage stamp size original, I do not have any longer.

Stygg