Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default website is doubling up and won't upload

I have for days been trying to upload my website using the Xara in programme FTP since upgrading Xara WD9 programme.
    I am getting 'Time Out' after 1% upload!

When I look at the file folder all pages and items have Doubled up. I have deleted the double ups, when I publish again all the files are uploading double!!
    I have even created a new folder and gone through the process of saving and exporting and uploading. I have done this over and over on different computers it remains the same. I am getting nowhere.
    Can anyone please advise?

Thanks

Default Re: website is doubling up and won't upload

What does 'all pages and items have Doubled up' mean?

If you have checked Retina Display in Website Properties > Website, Xara creates two versions of each bitmap, one at 96dpi and the other at 192dpi (retina resolution). The retina images are displayed if viewed on a retina or high resolution mobile device.

If yo uncheck Retina Display then only the 96dpi version will be published.

The slowness might be a Windows problem. There is a patch for this but only for version 9 products.

Thank You for your input.
    I did have Retina on and have taken it off. However when I tried to publish again, it went to 42% and timed out.

I have submitted a ticket to Xara and forwarded to them a Dbugview log. After making a change in regedit.
    I am awaiting their further instruction.

thanks

This might be a problem caused by Microsoft Windows 8.1

Xara Designer Pro X9 was working great until today, when it updated itself to 9.2.5 DL x64 Nov 29 2013. Now the custom FTP upload is severely misbehaving.

Xara "publish document" now creates an improperly named directory and then crashes in FTP, while trying to work with that directory.

I've attached a screencap of my domain host's directory display. It shows the original folder "123_main" and the adjacent unwanted folder "23_main" with the first character of the folder name truncated. Then all FTP operations are jammed up until the domain host's server times out.

The lockup occurs during Xara's upload cycle, sometimes after a few files, and sometimes fairly near the end. It's a very simple page, which worked and uploaded correctly yesterday, and which still works, but can no longer be uploaded via Xara (after I allowed Xara to update to the version mentioned above). Unfortunately, I didn't save a copy of the previous install, or I'd revert.

The work-around, of course, is to not use Xara to handle the FTP. Save as HTML, and then manually upload to your domain with a third-party FTP client.

Allen
    (Win 8.1/64, but everything worked prior to Xara update.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara FTP Bug.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	99662