Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Cool Filter Forge 4.0 released

Filter Forge has released the new version. FF4 has a new loop component that can do some interesting things, a new filter manager, and the ability to group components. I have had some time to check out the new version and there are still a few bugs with the filter manager, but the testing period has been extended so if you find a bug that hasn't been reported to the Filter Forge forum you could qualify for points toward a free version. I like the ability the filter manager gives you to organize your filters. you do have to be sure that if you are uploading one of your own filters to the library that you select it from the main my filters category and not from my favourites. The loop component is listed as an advanced component but it's not that hard to use, it basically runs a part of your filter over and over again as many times as you set. The grouping feature does just that it groups components and allows a much tidier filter structure. My disappointment with grouping is that there is no way to easily save a group for reuse.

There are a batch of new 4.0 filters already in the filter library but the filters aren't backwards compatible so you will need version 4 to use them. Filter Forge is also currently running a 70% off special which also applies to upgrades!

Here is a filter that I created using the new loop component
    http://www.filterforge.com/filters/11765.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Default Re: Filter Forge 4.0 released

Thanks Frances. I haven't had time to check it out like you did, but my stained glass drop caps were done using both 3 and 4. Why?, because I goofed up the filter in 3 but fortunately I still had it in 4.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP