Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FTP Problem - I have update

Unable to update site when attempting upload of new video file.

Following error messages displayed:

Percentage upload bar goes beyond 100% (normally about 114%) then Error message 'Timeout Was reached'

I have version 9.2.5.30583.

Another large site (about 2GB) always attempts a full upload despite the 'Fast Publish Only' box being ticked. I don't know whether these are related but they are bad!

I have Win 8.1 64

Default Re: FTP Problem - I have update

Speaking from a position of ignorance here so happy to receive any FLAMES on a cold winter night.

Sounds like lack of physical computer memory.
    Try with a much smaller video file and progressively increase the size of videos.
    Ensure you have closed all other open applications. Run Task Manager to see your available memory drain away.

A 2GB file would upload, with a good connection, in 90 - 120 minutes.
    If you ISP have a lesser timeout, this too could be an issue.

The 114% could be you are getting lots of retries as there may be packet drop outs.

Change the file codec from avi to wmv to get a smaller filesize.

A Fast Publish only happens after the asset has been published for subsequent changes not involving that file.

I would avoid embedding 2GB in a Xara file anyhow, if that's what you've done.
    Publish to YouTube and then add a YouTube Widget to your page.

Acorn

Have 16GB of RAM so don't think the problem is there.

I have a 15MBs download and 1MBs upload connection with no quota limits.

Fast publish means only updated files should be uploaded which is not what is happening.

I will try a total uninstall/reinstall.

Re-installing should not be necessary.

Please follow these steps carefully and only make the advised changes. Making other changes to your registry could cause stability issues with your operating system.

All the usual disclaimers apply when editing the registry...

Close all Xara programs.

Go to Start -> Run (if you're using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 press the Windows key + R) and type regedit then click OK.

Navigate to this registry key:

If you're using Web Designer 9 - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\WebDesigner\9.2\Op tions\FTPLibcURL
    If you're using Web Designer 9 32 bit - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\WebDesignerPremium \9.2\Options\FTPLibcURL
    If you're using Web Designer 9 Premium 64 bit - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\9.2\Options\FTPLibcURL
    If you're using Designer Pro 9 32 bit - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\9.2\Opti ons\FTPLibcURL
    If you're using Designer Pro 9 64 bit - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\9.2\Options\FTPLibcURL

In the right pane you'll see a key called DebugTrace. Right click on this key and select Modify.

Change the Value Data to 1 and click OK, then exit the registry (File > Exit).

Download DebugView from http://live.sysinternals.com/Dbgview.exe and then double click the file to run it.

Now open your version 9 program again and try publishing.

When you encounter the same message as before go back to DebugView and select File > Save.

Then create a support ticket at http://support.xara.com and attach that log file to your ticket to send to the support team to analyse. It may also help if you link to this thread in your ticket.

Thanks.