Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: FTP Error while publishing

If you roll back IE11 to 10, then the problem is fixed.

Just to confirm that I have encountered this problem and doing a System Restore to uninstall IE11 and reinstall IE10 solves the problem. The "evil" Windows update was on 1st December 2013. After reinstalling IE10 make sure you unclick the "Install new versions automatically" box in the "About Internet Explorer" dialogue box.

You don't need to do a system restore to do a roll back. To uninstall IE11:

Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then select View installed updates.

Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

Right-click [Windows] Internet Explorer 11, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 11 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer) or Restart later.

Yes Miko. Many thanks for that. Probably best to keep the other bits of the windows update. I do think it is scandalous that Xara are not providing a patch to fix WD7 and older versions of WD. If you want IE11 it seems we will have to upgrade to WD9?

I do think it is scandalous that Xara are not providing a patch to fix WD7 and older versions of WD.
    It would be good if they did, but from the other perspective, Xara built their software for use with the systems that were around when they made it, not for software that didn't exist. Should they be providing patches for every bit of software they've ever produced? No software developer would do that.

If you want IE11 it seems we will have to upgrade to WD9?
    No. Just use Filezilla.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I do think it is scandalous that Xara are not providing a patch to fix WD7 and older versions of WD.
    It would be good if they did, but from the other perspective, Xara built their software for use with the systems that were around when they made it, not for software that didn't exist. Should they be providing patches for every bit of software they've ever produced? No software developer would do that...
    Even Adobe patched CS6 products for Mavericks and Windows 8.1

One version back doesn't sound unreasonable to me. The code change(s) should be pretty much identical in the previous Xara products as the current versions. A bit of goodwill goes a long ways.

CS6 is the last 'physical' software release, I'm not surprised that they patched it.

Xara may well produce another patch, but there's a perfectly usable workaround and WD7 may be a bit too far back . It's not just a matter of changing a bit of code, you have to do some proper testing and the last thing you want to do is introduce unexpected bugs on a code-line that hasn't been touched for quite a while.

As you say, goodwill is good, but an upgrade is probably even better!

Having worked for software development companies I agree that there is a lot of testing involved in any release so it involves time and money. However, I am using version 8/MX Premium of the product which I purchased THREE MONTHS AGO and to be told that part of it is already unusable is unacceptable. Even a cheap toaster has a warranty for a year. Hope Xara will reconsider this as it has seriously changed my view of the company.

Hopefully Xara will do a patch for that version, but I don't feel they have an obligation to do so. If you return your system to the state it was in when you bought it (ie rollback to IE10), it will be entirely usable.