Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question mp3 player - automatic turnoff when other song selected

Hi,

I have looked at the 2 threads on mp3 looping and how to stop it. Thanks for the solution!

I am using DPX9.

My problem: I have several mp3 widgets on one page, each to open a different song. If one song is playing and I click on another one, it starts playing at the same time. Note that the widgets were created by dragging and dropping an mp3 from Windows Explorer.

1. Is there any way to have the music from the first widget stopped when another one is clicked (opened)? And how?

2. Is there a better way or widget to list music and then play it from a list? I have looked at the embedded mp3 player mentioned at:

http://xara-users.info/demos/embeded...ayer/index.htm

and it seems rather complicated. I would like something simpler whereby I do not have to modify xml or html files, just fill in the blanks.

For reference, see the site for Brass Union that has several mp3 widgets on the screen and also has the problem of opening more than one song at a time.
    http://www.brassunion.ca/

Thanks,
    John

Default Re: mp3 player - automatic turnoff when other song selected

You might like to try a jukebox - http://www.coffeecup.com/web-jukebox/
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks zaphodeist. I'll try it out.

John

Hi Zaphodeist,

I have been trying the Coffeecup Jukebox ( I purchased it) and have not been able to make it work. The best I get is a partial widget without the buttons and the songs don't work. The widget says loading and there is a scrolling text with the name of the song. Clicking on a different song changes the scrolling text to the name of the song. The jpg's for the buttons are all in the directory. I tried two ways to create the widget, one using a placeholder and the other by dragging the swf file that was created for me onto the page. I added the html text to the page, trying both head and body. I made sure that all files were uploaded to the website as instructed. No luck. The preview mode gives me the same result as the published web page.

The preview using Coffeecup works, but not my version in Xara.

I went through the Coffeecup Q&A's and the forum. Still couldn't solve my problem. Were you able to make it work and how?
    Thanks,
    John

Well, I did use it successfully - http://scamble.zaphodeist.com/scamblephonic/index.htm - but it was three or four years ago and the memory is dim! Looking at it now, I remember that I put all the CC stuff into a folder including an index page made in Xara, which won't be much use to you I suppose. I put the code in the head and and a placeholder, following CC's instructions. And I can't find the .web or .xar ... it was a couple of computers ago Sorry I can't help constructively there

Did you put the CC resources in the index_html_files folder? If so, did you adjust the links in the CC code?
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    Well, I did use it successfully - http://scamble.zaphodeist.com/scamblephonic/index.htm - but it was three or four years ago and the memory is dim! Looking at it now, I remember that I put all the CC stuff into a folder including an index page made in Xara, which won't be much use to you I suppose. I put the code in the head and and a placeholder, following CC's instructions. And I can't find the .web or .xar ... it was a couple of computers ago Sorry I can't help constructively there

Did you put the CC resources in the index_html_files folder? If so, did you adjust the links in the CC code?
    Hi Zaphodeist,

I left the CC resources in the subfolder as per the instructions, and the subfolder was uploaded. I have attached a pdf of what I have done. I cannot get the Jukebox to work properly in the preview, let alone the website. Maybe I should remove everything and start again. I am new at this. The html provided by CC was also uploaded as is, but I had also put the html script in the page body, so there may be redundancy. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at what I did.

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files Attached Files

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	placeholder.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	99648

Name:  uploaded.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  12.2 KB

OK, I've found the project file! Finally! I use a different Xara product from you, but the Web Properties dialogue box should be the same or similar, and it is a few years since I did this so I'm assuming CoffeeCup haven't changed the thing :-

1) Make a placeholder of the correct size [position it where you like on the page], select it and add code [figure 1]

2) Upload all the files shown in Figure 2 to the same folder where the page - e.g. index.xar - that will show the jukebox is. If they say keep them in the sub-folder then just upload that ... it's the placing with the relevant page that is important.

* The jukebox will not show in Xara preview, it has to be uploaded before it is visible

* I suggest you remove everything related to the jukebox that is already online and re-publish

* Make sure you have the recent patch for P&GD9 - Help>>Check for updates... - as there has been a problem with uploading and this patch should have fixed it.

Hi Zaphodeist,

I am back at this again after the holidays and the problems with IE11. I have the latest update for XDPX9.

I still can't get the jukebox to work. I removed everything from the site and started over. I have tried many combinations; nothing works.

I ran Coffeecup with a few different names. For the last one I just used myjukebox. I included one song. The save gave me the files to upload and placed them in a main folder and subfolder. I uploaded them to the web site using Magix WebFTP and made sure that they were there. The 4 main ones come under the folder index_htm_files, and there is a subfolder called myjukebox_files, the same name as the one that Coffeecup created. I uploaded all of the files from the subfolder to the subfolder.
    On the first page of the site, I created a rectangle as a placeholder of the size indicated in the code produced by Coffeecup, 288x263, and then uploaded the web page. I did a Ctrl+F5 each time that I looked the finished site. All I get is a white rectangle.

Here is the code produced by CC and added to the HTML code body for the rectangle placeholder:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
    codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
    width="288" height="263" id="CC2231760" align="middle">
    <param name="movie" value="myjukebox.swf"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="salign" value="lt" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
    <embed src="myjukebox.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="288" height="263"
    name="CoffeeCup" scale="noscale" salign="lt" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></object>

Here is the site: http://browj2.magix.net/Karuzell/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

I posted another message asking for help with the CoffeeCup Jukebox, but it has not shown up yet, probably because I included a link to the site. My problem has been solved, thanks to users on the CoffeeCup Forum. I had the main files one level too low, under "index_htm_files." When I moved the main ones up the site name level, in my case to Karuzell, and the sub-folder up one level as a sub-folder of Karuzell, it all worked. Wow! I was blocked by this (mentally), now I can get on with the main task of working on the rest of the site.

Zaphodeist, thanks for your help.

Glad you got it working! Apologies as I probably confused the issue by not explaining more fully in point 2